Skip to main content

Hi there,

I’ve set up a relatively simple import scenario in order to suspend a list of assets we no longer want to depreciate. 

However, I’m getting an error when using the ‘IMPORT’ function (PREPARE is totally fine).

When I navigate to the asset, it appears that despite the error, it has indeed successfully suspended the asset:

Below the import scenario for reference:

Do I need to be concerned that it’s cropping up with an error despite that it seems to be processing successfully? 

Thanks!

.xml file attached.

Hello,

Do you see any additional errors in Tools → Trace that may help explain the error above?

I think you may be able to uncheck “Break on Error” and suspend the whole list of assets - worth a try.

I recommend importing the same change in a test copy of your tenant. You will be able to verify that the whole list of assets in successfully suspended. Then try Unsuspending the same assets in test, and process further actions like future depreciation and/or disposal of the same assets.

When you have completed these steps in the test tenant, you can confidently suspend assets with the same import scenario in the live tenant.

Laura

Hello,

Do you see any additional errors in Tools → Trace that may help explain the error above?

I think you may be able to uncheck “Break on Error” and suspend the whole list of assets - worth a try.

I recommend importing the same change in a test copy of your tenant. You will be able to verify that the whole list of assets in successfully suspended. Then try Unsuspending the same assets in test, and process further actions like future depreciation and/or disposal of the same assets.

When you have completed these steps in the test tenant, you can confidently suspend assets with the same import scenario in the live tenant.

Laura

Thanks for your response @Laura02, that all makes sense. I checked the Tools → Trace:

Here is a copy and paste of the Error section:

at PX.Api.SyMappingUtils.ImportData(SYProcess graph, SYMappingActive mapping, SYImportOperation operation, SYMappingActive updated, CancellationToken token) in C:\build\code_repo\NetTools\PX.Data\Api\Export\SyMappingUtils.cs:line 205 at PX.Api.SyMappingUtils.ProcessMapping(SYProcess graph, SYMappingActive mapping, SYImportOperation operation, CancellationToken token) in C:\build\code_repo\NetTools\PX.Data\Api\Export\SyMappingUtils.cs:line 37 at PX.Api.SYImportProcessSingle.<>c__DisplayClass71_0.<PerformOperation>b__0(CancellationToken cancellationToken) in C:\build\code_repo\NetTools\PX.Data\Api\Export\SYImportProcessSingle.cs:line 636 at PX.Concurrency.Internal.PXLongOperationPars.PopAndRunDelegate(CancellationToken cancellationToken) in C:\build\code_repo\NetTools\PX.Data\Concurrency\Internal\PXLongOperationPars.cs:line 105 at PX.Concurrency.Internal.RuntimeLongOperationManager.PerformOperation(PXLongOperationPars p) in C:\build\code_repo\NetTools\PX.Data\Concurrency\Internal\RuntimeLongOperationManager.cs:line 162

Thanks!

I see, Acumatica wants you to identify two accounts as Fixed Assets control accounts in Finance → Chart of Accounts screen:

Like this:

Thank you for looking at this @Laura02, it appears now that while the two exceptions relating to the specifying of the control accounts have been resolved, I’m still receiving the same error.

Below is another extract of the trace screen. 

Thanks!

I tried downloading it twice, but cannot import your XML. It downloads small, only 1 KB.

Can you show the Fixed Asset ID column of your spreadsheet, and Numbering Sequence configurations for FASSET?

Thank you!

Laura

Thank you @Laura02 for the help - that’s strange re: the .xml file. 

1. Here is an extract of the upload file (I have attached it, hopefully you can open it?)
  2. Here is the configuration for the numbering sequence for FASSET

I have also zipped the .xml file in case it makes a difference as it seems to be opening up OK my side.

I thought it would be a list, in Excel.

Other than trying a <Save> at the very end, I think I’m out of ideas- nothing out of place in Excel.

Try several in a row & see what happens.

Maybe someone else will chime in soon.

Laura

Thanks @Laura02, I highly appreciate your assistance throughout this topic! 

I’ll be sure to update this topic should I find out the reason for this.

Thanks again for your help @Laura02 

Just to close out this topic, our Acumatica consultant has said the following:

I’ve reviewed both the functional aspects of the issue and the trace logs generated. Fortunately, there doesn't appear to be any errors that would prevent you from continuing with the import scenario. However, the error message could be related to a concurrency or threading issue, which might occur if the import operation is running concurrently. However this shouldn't interfere with completing the task successfully.

I hope this is of some help to anyone going forward.