Solved

shipping address

• 22 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

On a Purchase Order, is there a more efficient way to enter a different Ship-To Address and Ship-To Contact (of our company) than by checking 'Override' and typing in an alternate address/contact?  

icon

Best answer by abeckerman65 24 January 2022, 21:43

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

Have you tried adding different locations for your company? You’d have to add them once but you could then just select a different one when you needed to. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @abeckerman65  Yes, there is simple way to change the Shipping Contact and Address by creating the different shipping location for that particular branch in Business Accounts screen.

Please find the screenshots for reference. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you eleanorp! How do I add different locations for our company?  

Thank you Naveen B!  Business Accounts appear to be for customers/vendors.  I’m trying to add locations for our company.  You mentioned branch.  Would I have to create branches of our company?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @abeckerman65  In Purchase Orders screen, Ship-To Contact and Ship-To Address are populated based on the below destination types, but NOT by the Company. 

Shipping Destination Types

• Branch
  • Vendor
  • Customer
  • Warehouse

Userlevel 1

Thank you. Do I need to create a new branch for each address I want to add?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Not required, we have an option that one Branch can have multiple locations. (Please find the more info on previous post)

Userlevel 1

I can create Branches, but I can’t pull them up in Business Accounts to add Locations to an existing Branch.  All I see there are Vendors, Customers and Prospects.  Am I missing some configuration?  Thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @abeckerman65 were you ever able to resolve your issue? Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I checked my emails.  My Acumatica partner suggested a method without using branches.  We extended our company id to be a customer (vendor also works).  Then we were able to add to the customer record multiple Locations with the various Ship To addresses.  I made a special customer class for it so it would be kept distinct from other customers.  Thank you for following up! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved