Solved

Project users can view projects outside of their branch restriction?

• 29 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We have “restriction groups by branch” in place.  We have the “access role” configured on our branches.  And yet, all our users can see projects for all branches.  This is not the case in other modules.  I see another similar post here, and it doesn’t look like it was resolved there either.  Is this a known bug?  

Acumatica 2021 R2
Build 21.215.0016

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 2 December 2022, 23:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @MarciaW! Restriction groups by branch only work for Subaccounts and GL Accounts, otherwise if only access roles are used then this will not be enough to stop all projects coming in.

Your options would be to either create actual restriction groups on Projects using the Project Restriction Group:

Another option would be to customize the GI so that the user branch populates as a parameter and then have a condition which specifies that the default branch on the project must match the branch parameter.

You can first add the GLHistoryEnqFilter (which populates the current logged in branch by default)

Then set the following parameter:

Then set the following condition:

Now the branch which populates by default will be the one the user is logged into and so only projects associated to this branch should show. It’s not a perfect workaround, but we have a process to limit projects specifically, so that would be the best option.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@BenjaminCrisman thank you for your reply!  I’m unsure about how restriction groups by branch relates to GL?  We are not restricting GL or Sub Accounts in this case, only the branches.  

I guess I’m just confused about why it doesn’t work for projects but does work in every other module?

Badge +18

Hi @MarciaW ,

Please vote for the Idea:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @MarciaW ,

Please vote for the Idea:

Thanks Laura, done.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved