Solved

Prevent Invoices from Being Emailed

Userlevel 3
Badge

I need to prevent some sales invoices from being emailed. I have tried clicked the “Don’t email” checkbox on the Financial tab. But, this action seems to have no effect.
Is there a configuration that needs to be set? Or, is the checkbox just informational for users?

If it makes a difference - I plan to check this checkbox via the API.

icon

Best answer by dcomerford 3 October 2023, 22:10

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rcreasy 

Could you please create a UDF filed in Invoice Screen “ DONOT Send Email”  

Type - Checkbox

When ever user enable the checkbox then configure a Business event to trigger an email for Disabled invoices only,

Using Business event we can send only invoices to required customers only.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

@rcreasy - It can be set at the Customer Class level or the Customer level to not email invoices.  See the below.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@StevenRatner Thanks for the answer. But, I need to do this at the invoice level. A customer may sometimes need the email, sometimes not.

Userlevel 3
Badge

The checkbox for Don’t Email is used with the option in Customers | Billing tab for Send Invoices by Mail when used in Process Invoices and Memo.

Not having the option Send Invoices by Mail selected:

will automatically have the option Don’t Email selected in an invoice:

which results in the invoice NOT showing on the Process Invoices and Memos for the Action Email Invoice:

Userlevel 3
Badge

@manikantad18 I need to prevent users from using the action menu to email  invoices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rcreasy 

We can do the above ask using “ Access right by screen “ and revoke the access to required role.

https://community.acumatica.com/configuration-and-installation-114/is-there-a-way-to-prevent-specific-users-from-being-able-to-use-the-email-functionality-18351

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

There is a setting on the Sales Invoice for this, it will default down with the value on the customer but you could change it manually or by a business event if there is a condition to when it should/should not be ticked

Userlevel 3
Badge

@dcomerford that is the checkbox I mentioned. It does not prevent emailing in our system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

How are you truggering the emails to send ? You could use a Business Event/GI to check this field so these invocies are excluded.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@dcomerford manually via the action menu.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The manual option will always send the email regardless of the checkbox. It would need a customisation to prevent this option if the tickbox is not set.

You could add a UDF field/or use the current tickbox (believe it is not editable though when invoicie is released). Create a GI to select invoices with this tickbox set and then use this to drive a business event to email the invoice when a record is inserted.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved