Solved

Prevent Invoices from Being Emailed

Userlevel 4
Badge

I need to prevent some sales invoices from being emailed. I have tried clicked the “Don’t email” checkbox on the Financial tab. But, this action seems to have no effect.
Is there a configuration that needs to be set? Or, is the checkbox just informational for users?

If it makes a difference - I plan to check this checkbox via the API.

icon

Best answer by dcomerford 3 October 2023, 22:10

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The manual option will always send the email regardless of the checkbox. It would need a customisation to prevent this option if the tickbox is not set.

You could add a UDF field/or use the current tickbox (believe it is not editable though when invoicie is released). Create a GI to select invoices with this tickbox set and then use this to drive a business event to email the invoice when a record is inserted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rcreasy 

Could you please create a UDF filed in Invoice Screen “ DONOT Send Email”  

Type - Checkbox

When ever user enable the checkbox then configure a Business event to trigger an email for Disabled invoices only,

Using Business event we can send only invoices to required customers only.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

@rcreasy - It can be set at the Customer Class level or the Customer level to not email invoices.  See the below.

Userlevel 3
Badge

The checkbox for Don’t Email is used with the option in Customers | Billing tab for Send Invoices by Mail when used in Process Invoices and Memo.

Not having the option Send Invoices by Mail selected:

will automatically have the option Don’t Email selected in an invoice:

which results in the invoice NOT showing on the Process Invoices and Memos for the Action Email Invoice:

Userlevel 4
Badge

@StevenRatner Thanks for the answer. But, I need to do this at the invoice level. A customer may sometimes need the email, sometimes not.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@manikantad18 I need to prevent users from using the action menu to email  invoices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rcreasy 

We can do the above ask using “ Access right by screen “ and revoke the access to required role.

https://community.acumatica.com/configuration-and-installation-114/is-there-a-way-to-prevent-specific-users-from-being-able-to-use-the-email-functionality-18351

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

There is a setting on the Sales Invoice for this, it will default down with the value on the customer but you could change it manually or by a business event if there is a condition to when it should/should not be ticked

Userlevel 4
Badge

@dcomerford that is the checkbox I mentioned. It does not prevent emailing in our system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

How are you truggering the emails to send ? You could use a Business Event/GI to check this field so these invocies are excluded.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@dcomerford manually via the action menu.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved