Solved

Over Application on Invoices

• 22 September 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Acumatica Community

Hope everyone is well.

I’m sitting with a few Customers where there is Open Receivables Invoices that have a Negative Balance. I need to know if someone dealt with this before and how you resolved it please:

Kind Regards

Marilize van Zyl

icon

Best answer by Chris Hackett 30 October 2023, 23:05

View original

9 replies

Badge +18

Hello @marilizevanzyl ,

Please try running the Receivables Process Recalculate Customer Balances. Check ON the option for Document Balances. Please let us know the result. Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @marilizevanzyl 

I hope “recalculate customer balances” will fix the issue.

If this not resolves the issue 

Please show me the application tab of the invoice. Is there any applied document?

If yes, open that document and provide a screenshot of the applied document's application history tab as well.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Laura02 

Thanks for the quick response, I have tried that now, still showing a negative Balance. The weird thing is the Customer Details for the specific customer the “Balance Discrepancy” is 0.00. So it’s not even picking up that their is something wrong on the Customer.

And because the Balance is negative on the Invoice it’s not allowing me to reverse the Application to correct the Balance.

Marilize

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@marilizevanzyl Check if the application history of the payment which has been applied to the invoice has a line item with a negative balance of -1506.61. 

I would recommend trying these steps in the test environment before making changes in the production environment.  

Select the line item with the negative balance of -1506.61 and click reverse application on the application history of the payment. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @MuthumaliDhanushika27 

Yes, there is a few Applications, here is the screenshot:

Marilize

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @MuthumaliDhanushika27 

My apologies, that was the other one on the same Customer:

Marilize

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @KushaniPerera88 

There is only the Voided Payment on there, no other negative Payment.

Marilize

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @marilizevanzyl were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett 

No I wasn’t, I opened a Acumatica Support Ticket which is still pending.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved