Solved

Layout of Profit & Loss with subaccounts

• 11 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Newbie question here.  We are currently in the process of having our Acumatica partner build our database.  I’m looking at the P&L report and the format seems weird to me.  Below is an example.  I’m definitely not used to, and do not like, that their is a line amount for the the GL account and then additional lines amounts for each subaccount, which results in duplicate line item amounts.  What I should be able to see is what is in the second screenshot (from our current accounting system).  Our partner tells us there is no way to format the report in Acumatica in the same was it’s formatted in our current accounting system.  Can someone tell me if that is true?  Because the way it looks now seems very illogical.  

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 11 February 2022, 22:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @angie 

The way to adjust the P&L, is edit the row sets on the ARM reports. This is under Finance > Preferences, On the Row Sets, you would expand from the Data Source. The below shows with the Subaccount. 

If you do not want to go that granualar, then you can do the same with just the Account:

This article should help as well:

https://help-2021r2.acumatica.com/(W(15))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=1c797d96-f6d9-49d2-8d19-e4f3b56a476d

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @angie 

Looks like you have not enabled the expand option to expand by sub account, but instead have added separate lines for sub account amount. 

Please send a screenshot of your rowset reflecting above section. Do send the screenshot reflecting data source for above highlighted lines. 

Regards,

@vkumar, thanks...I’ll share this with the company that is building our company in Acumatica.  I wouldn’t even know where to find that information to screenshot for you.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved