Solved

Inventory Reval (How to ?)

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am wondering how to revalue inventory in ACU. I know I need to use the IN Adjust but still not getting the results I want. 

1. I have some items that have correct qty and the incorrect valuation. For these It would just have to remove all of the inventory at system cost, and when I add it back to I use IN Adj or IN receipt? I believe the issue I was having with IN adjust is the costing is tied to the receipt that you choose.
  1. We have a few items that have a value by no quantity. I am unable to do a IN adjust with a Qty of zero. The system does not create any transaction. How would I correct these issues?

Thanks as always to a great community!

icon

Best answer by vkumar 8 May 2022, 05:12

View original

3 replies

Hi, when you do a stock adjustment it does update the actual cost but not the last cost like it does when you do a stock receipt. You can update the last cost with an import scenario. 

When you say you have an stock item with cost and no qty I assume you are using Standard Costing method? If you are not using Standard costing method have you tried to Recalculate Inventory Balances? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @byates 

For your question#1, you can do an inventory cost adjustment. Refer to the following thread.

If you want to remove all inventory and then bring it in with new cost, you can do an inventory issue document and then an inventory receipt. Or inventory adjustment with negative quantity to remove and then with positive quantity to bring it in. 

For question#2, on what report have you noticed the value with no quantity ? This should not have happened. You may run ‘Recalculate inventory’ for specific item and warehouse and check the numbers again. 

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @byates 

For your question#1, you can do an inventory cost adjustment. Refer to the following thread.

If you want to remove all inventory and then bring it in with new cost, you can do an inventory issue document and then an inventory receipt. Or inventory adjustment with negative quantity to remove and then with positive quantity to bring it in. 

For question#2, on what report have you noticed the value with no quantity ? This should not have happened. You may run ‘Recalculate inventory’ for specific item and warehouse and check the numbers again. 

Regards,

@vkumar thanks for the reply. Regarding #2, I am seeing that on all of my Validation reports. More specifically, on the Historical Inventory Valuation report. I am not seeing a “recalculate Inventory” process in my IN module. Perhaps it is somewhere else? I have run the “Validate Inventory” and included “rebuild item history” but that did not correct the costing issue. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved