Error message when release the debit note , not able to release

• 12 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
  • Jr Varsity II
  • 103 replies

Hi All

Not sure if anyone know what is the reason cannot release the debit note?

error message : 

“CS Error: Inventory item T14S Purchase price variance account is missing “

Hope to hear from you soon.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @erin 

I have several customers who are receiving this same error on various transactions.

It appears that at some point Acumatica made the Purchase Price Variance Acct field on the Posting Class a required field.

I can’t find the documentation for when/why that happened.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @erin  and @donnadeskins55 

It appears this was done in 2021 R2. In the release notes, starting on page 254, it talks about the Purchase accrual balance by period report which was new to that release. I looked in the other versions and this is the only one that those changes were made to, so it appears for that report, there is functionality added that requires those accounts be populated especially if there is a price difference. 

AcumaticaERP_2021R2_ReleaseNotes_full.pdf (acumatica-builds.s3.amazonaws.com)

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you @kbeatty21 

Only 1 of my customers is on 2021R2. I wonder if they added the field requirement in anticipation of the new report

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thank you @kbeatty21 

Only 1 of my customers is on 2021R2. I wonder if they added the field requirement in anticipation of the new report

That’s a good possibility. I did check the release notes for 2020 and saw no functionality change mentioned. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I opened a case with Acumatica support and it went all the way to development because none of the other support technicians could find any documentation on this change.

The development folks indicated that no change was made to require the PPV field. 

This is frustrating, as my customers are asking for an explanation and there isn’t one.

The quick fix is obviously to add the PPV account, but that’s not what they want to hear.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved