Solved

Creating AP check disassociated from AP bill

• 29 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, 

Our company is a 2020R2 users. In the course of our financial workflow, we would like to create AP Checks and Payments (AP.30.20.00) first and then link them to open AP Bills and Adjustments (AP.30.10.00) later.  This would be done because i would like to match AP Checks to bank transactions as soon as possible, and then book the proper AP bill.

I played with it in our system, but it seems that Acumatica’s workflow is only to create AP bill first, then create a full or partial AP Check and Payment.

The “Receivables” module allows for AR Checks and Payments to be created separately from AR Invoices, but not the “Payables” mode.   Is there a reason why i cannot create AP Check separately as unlinked from AP Bills?

Thanks,

Kirill

icon

Best answer by Olga Anisimovich 2 August 2021, 22:57

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Kirill,

If you need to process a payment before the bill, create a document of the Prepayment type. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Kirill,

If you need to process a payment before the bill, create a document of the Prepayment type. 

any reason why i cannot create AP Check without creating an document of Prepayment type?

Userlevel 1
Badge

to clarify, I agree that the way to do so would be to first create a Document of Prepayment type, then create AP Check.

My question is - what prevents Acumatica to allow creation of AP Check first and AP Document second?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Kirill,

I suggested creating a document of the Prepayment type on the Checks and Payments form, instead of an AP check. Unlike AP checks, prepayments can have an open balance: you can process them first, and apply to the bills later. If needed, you can print a check for a prepayment.

Hope this answered your question.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Kirill,

I suggested creating a document of the Prepayment type on the Checks and Payments form, instead of an AP check. Unlike AP checks, prepayments can have an open balance: you can process them first, and apply to the bills later. If needed, you can print a check for a prepayment.

Hope this answered your question.

Olga, would you be able to explain how to apply the pre-payment check to an open AP bill later? I am not positive on the next steps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @kboyko43 , Agreed on AR Payments and Applications functionality that allows to create a Payment first and then apply an Invoice/Memos to it.

But, for AP if you want to collect payment before booking the AP Bill, then the option is to create a “Prepayment” type in “Checks and Payment Screen” to achieve the same expected functionality. 

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Kirill,

At first, you create and release a prepayment on the Checks and Payments (AP302000) form. Based on your settings, it will debit either the AP account or Prepaid Expenses asset account.

Then, create and release an AP bill.

After that, open the prepayment on the Checks and Payments form, and click the Add Row button on the Documents to Apply tab, make sure that the Bill document type is selected in the Document Type column, click the magnifier icon (or press F3) in the Reference Nbr. column to get the list of open AP bills of the vendor, and select the needed document.

Release the application. If the prepayment debited the Prepaid Expenses account, the application will post a transaction to GL which debits the AP account and credits the Prepaid Expenses account.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved