Solved

Cash Balance GI as of Today

• 28 October 2021
  • 20 replies

I am attempting to create a generic inquiry to feed into a dashboard. We are wanting this GI to show the balance of our cash account as of @Today - the only thing we can get to show is the period end balance. I’ve attempted to recreate the transactions by period filters/parameters but have been unsuccessful. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 2 November 2021, 22:14

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Can you just use the Cash Account Details GI to feed that? 
CA303000

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

hi @ajohnson06 As indicated by @Freeman Helmuth you can try creating the dashboard from the Cash Accounts Details Inquiry. Please find the below steps to create the dashboard and sample results.

Cash Account Details in “Show Summary” Mode

In Dashboard design mode, follow the steps shown in the below screenshot

Dashboarad Column Settings - Add the required columns to the Dashboard

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @ajohnson06 Here is the dashboard that was created using the above steps to show the Cash Account Details.

Hi @ChandrasekharM! @ajohnson06 was helping me with this. I almost have it working, except the number in the dashboard doesn’t match the number in the Cash Account detail GI. 

Here is the -107K number that is correct. 

Here is the dashboard showing $7,174 ending balance (not correct)

Here is my parameter setting. I changed the End Date to @today, but it doesn’t seem to stay in there. 

Any suggestions or ideas why the number in the dashboard is different?

Thanks!

AC

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

HI @acraft87  I observed one below difference.

• You have provided the Start Date in the GI but in the Dashboard inquiry parameter you have given the Start Date as EMPTY.
  • Can you please provide the Start Date as 10/24/2021 in the Inquiry Parameters and verify
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @acraft87  @ajohnson06 

As @Naveen B suggested, to match balances with your Cash Account Details screenshot, provide the start date same as shown in the Cash Account Details. 

Thanks

Hi @Naveen B & @ChandrasekharM ! Thank you for the replies!

I added the start date here.

...but I still get the same output.

I add the @today in the End date, but when I edit the tile again, it is empty….

Thank you!

Andrew

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @acraft87  You have provided the Start Date as “10/24/2021” but the End Date is provided as EMPTY

Please provide End Date as “11/05/2021” and verify.

Hello!

I am still getting different numbers in the dashboard. I changed the End date to 11/5/2021 but the numbers still do not match the Cash Account Details…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @acraft87 As the records shown are Unreleased (Balanced Status), please check the “Include Unreleased Checkbox in the Inquiry Parameters of the Dashbaord.

Screenshots for reference:

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @acraft87 Here is the screenshot showing the “Include UnReleased” checkbox. Select the option, and verify.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @acraft87 Alternatively, you can just release the Balanced transactions to get the details on the dashboard,

Thanks

Hey @ChandrasekharM @Naveen B I made some progress on this..

It’s not picking up my beginning balance.  

The -433075.05 + -108519.73 beginning balance matches the correct tile -541K. Any thoughts or suggestions to include that balance?

Thanks!

AC 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @acraft87 Please post the screenshot of the Dashboard in designmode.

Thanks

@ChandrasekharM  Here you go!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @acraft87 Verified the details in my local with a Dashboard created for the Cash Account Details Inquiry.

As shown below, there is no Beginning Balance field in the Column Settings for the Cash Account Details Inquiry Added to the Dashboard. Hence you do not have this option.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @acraft87 One of the solution to bring the beginning balance for this Cash Account Details Inquiry would be to first customize (requires a development skills) to add a new custom column to the Cash Account Details Inquiry. And then bring the field in the dashboard.

@ChandrasekharM 10-4. That is a little outside my current ability level. Do you know where I could find recommendations for a company to help me with it?

Thanks again for your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @acraft87 The other option/idea would be to create a new generic inquiry to show the Cash Account details, and then create the dashboard with the new generic inquiry.

To make simple, this new dashboard can also be fine tuned to show only the beginning balance of a specific to a Cash Account with the Starting Date and End Date parameters, and placed adjacent to the Account Details dashboard widget. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @acraft87 Does the above workaround works for you.

The right process for customizing is to reach out to your Acumatica partner and take it forward with them.

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved