Skip to main content
Solved

Audit history of Journal Entry - Creator and the Approver of Transaction

• 23 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi 

I was trying to an audit history of the person who has created a Journal Entry and the name of the person who approved the transaction. Unfortunately, I could not find any option in Acumatica. 

for your information, I followed the following steps,

1. Audit History

when you click on the “Audit History

it gives only the person's name who had lastly modified the transaction BUT not the name of the person who had APPROVE the transaction. 

As you can see in below-screenshot, 

someone has created this Journal. Another person checked the entry and did the bank reconciliation. The system indicates the same person's name as the ‘Creator’ and ‘Modifier’ which is not true. 

Much appreciated if someone has any idea about this.

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

To see the person who created and last updated a Banking Transaction, go to Banking → Transactions. Use Column Configurator in the left corner to select Created by and Last Modified by to the screen, if the fields are not already selected to the preview list screen.

To see the Approver, click the blue reference number shown above (second field from left) to open the transaction on Banking Transactions screen.  Go to the Approvals tab to see Approved By name.

Every posting batch from Banking (CA) and other modules creates a second batch in GL → this is a separate batch from the original in Banking → Transactions. The second batch updates the General Ledger with debits/credits and could be created and last updated by a different person, depending on settings and circumstances.

Are you using  Audit features of User Security to perform field-level audits on Banking Transactions screen?  If yes, Approver fields may be tracked:

Laura

Hi Laura

Many thanks for the above.