Question

AR and AP Applications - Documents to Apply to include Payments and Prepayments in Doc Type list

• 13 August 2023
  • 2 replies

In the use case of customers or suppliers having open on account or prepayment amounts it would save time and help keep customer accounts more tidy if these payments/prepayments could be allocated with a payment.

For instance:

1. Customer pays a deposit or stage payments prior to being invoiced eg $500
  1. Customer invoice is raised for products or services rendered eg $5000
  1. Customer payment to settle invoices is received for $4500 - It would help to be able to select both the above transactions during the application process leaving all transactions in a closed status.  Currently I don’t think payment or prepayments are available on the Doc. Type drop down list.

I hope this makes sense.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Steps

1. Make the Invoice (AP or AR)
  2. Apply first the prepayment or Deposit to the Invoice (Prepayment/Deposit status is Closed, Invoice status still Open)
  3. Apply the Payment Received to the Open Invoice (Invoiced=Closed, Payment=Closed)

Hope this will enlighten you.

Riico

Thank you, however I am absolutely aware of the way Acumatica works at the moment.  
Having to apply prepayments to invoices before the payment/receipt is less efficient than being able to do this as you post the actual payment.

Many of our clients are upgrading to Acumatica from Pegasus Opera 3 software and this is a retrograde process for them.

I just wanted to see if other users felt the same.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved