AP - Tax amount - how to offset this Tax amount

• 9 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge
  • Jr Varsity II
  • 103 replies

Hi Sir

Due to vendor profile- tax zone was not set correctly so the AP reflected the tax 26 as below.

Not sure what is the correct way to offset or write off this tax amount 26 from the AP bill?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by vkumar 9 December 2020, 05:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @erin 

I could not see any attachment. I guess you wanted to reverse the tax component on an AP Bill. Here is the option you can explore, you can create a debit adjustment to reverse only Tax component. Here are the steps:

• create a debit adjustment document
  • select same tax zone which was selected on AP bill
  • enter a detail line with no item selected, select the same tax category as on AP bill detail line
  • set the line amount zero, as you want to reverse only tax component of AP bill
  • on Tax details tab, enter the tax amount manually (it would reflect correct tax code based on vendor tax zone and detail line tax category)
  • once saved, the document will reflect only the tax component of the AP bill that need to be reversed
  • on release of the document, it debits AP control and credits tax claimable account (in my test case, its VAT charged on AP bill).
  • user can apply debit adjustment to AP bill while making payment

Refer to the screenshots below:

GL Transactions generated on release of debit adjustment

Hope this helps,

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved