Skip to main content
Solved

Any option to hide a Transactions from some users..

• 18 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Need to hide a AP Bill from some Acumatica users ( AP Clerk) . This bill is a Confidential bill . Only the Controller should be able to see it .

How to do it ? Any Ideas? 

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

It’s difficult to hide only one Bill. A customization may be needed, to hide just one bill while showing all other bills for the same vendor.

Could hiding the Vendor record work as a solution?  If yes:

Restriction Groups can be used to Connect a Vendor to a User. This will hide all Bills for the Vendor in question, plus hide the vendor record.  Please test these steps in your Sandbox tenant, then repeat in Live tenant when it’s fully tested.

1. Turn on Row-Level Security feature in System Management → Enable/Disable Features.
  2. In Vendor Access Screen, create a new Group of type A Inverse.
  3. On Vendors tab, select the Vendor to be hidden. 
  4. On the Users tab, select the User who cannot see the vendor from the previous step.
  5. Log in as the user who cannot see the sensitive Vendor, to test. The user should be able to see all other Vendors except the vendor from step 3. The user should be able to see Bills for all other Vendors.

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hello,

It’s difficult to hide only one Bill. A customization may be needed, to hide just one bill while showing all other bills for the same vendor.

Could hiding the Vendor record work as a solution?  If yes:

Restriction Groups can be used to Connect a Vendor to a User. This will hide all Bills for the Vendor in question, plus hide the vendor record.  Please test these steps in your Sandbox tenant, then repeat in Live tenant when it’s fully tested.

1. Turn on Row-Level Security feature in System Management → Enable/Disable Features.
  2. In Vendor Access Screen, create a new Group of type A Inverse.
  3. On Vendors tab, select the Vendor to be hidden. 
  4. On the Users tab, select the User who cannot see the vendor from the previous step.
  5. Log in as the user who cannot see the sensitive Vendor, to test. The user should be able to see all other Vendors except the vendor from step 3. The user should be able to see Bills for all other Vendors.

Laura

Hi @Laura02 and @bigil - I could be wrong, but I think this needs to be the opposite.  I think the Controller will need to be part of the membership of the A or B group type and the only member so the vendor is blocked for everyone but the Controller.  Otherwise, I think this is a great suggestion!  :)

Unless you’re blocking a specific user, you’d use the main group and apply the members that need to see it. From the documentation:

“You use groups of types A or B— “groups with direct restriction” —when you need to make entities visible to users within the group.” 

“You use groups of types A Inverse or B Inverse—groups with inverse restriction—when you need to hide entities from a small number of users.”

I hope this helps!  :) 

-James

Badge +18

Hello,

Yes, correct - you can either use type A with the Controller only, or A Inverse with those Users who should NOT see the vendor. Inverse will hide the records from the users and A will show the vendor to the users who are in the group.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @bigil 

You create a new report based on the report that you want to restrict. Then you use the Filter feature to remove transactions that you do not want users to see (AP Clerk)

Best Regards,

NNT

Userlevel 2

This Vendor Restriction is Restricting only on the AP module , If we open the GL module still we can able to see the GL posting .

Even I tried with GL Restriction Groups then it is only restricting only on the data entry GL selection level. Not on Reports ,GI or Inquiry level.

My issue is when my customer Pay bonuses,  say to Vendor = VendorA by using GL A/c 50000 . This Account is only for Controller . Only Controller should see Post and see any Transactions Related to this Account ( AP, GL , GI reports , Inquiry screen everything should be restricted)

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

This Vendor Restriction is Restricting only on the AP module , If we open the GL module still we can able to see the GL posting .

Even I tried with GL Restriction Groups then it is only restricting only on the data entry GL selection level. Not on Reports ,GI or Inquiry level.

My issue is when my customer Pay bonuses,  say to Vendor = VendorA by using GL A/c 50000 . This Account is only for Controller . Only Controller should see Post and see any Transactions Related to this Account ( AP, GL , GI reports , Inquiry screen everything should be restricted)

Correct.  You’ll need to set up a restriction group for each module the vendor touches and apply it as necessary.  I would stick to the modules the users you want to restrict have access to and go from there… 

For your scenario specifically, typically, you’d set up a restriction group for each module; AR, AP, GI, GL, IN, Etc…  and select the specific vendor or account.  

If it’s a specific account only, like the 50000 account, you can set the entity to:

And select the 50000 account.  

For the others, you can use this model:

And select the 50000 account.

This should limit the ability to see anything coded within that specific account regardless of what’s being coded to it and you can provide access only to your controller and/or senior accounting staff that should have access. 

You can do this for customers, vendors, by branch, etc.  Hope this helps!