Allow Calculate Commission process to post into Financials and provide better reporting.

• 4 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3

The current Calculate Commissions process ONLY computes commissions for salespersons.  No financial transactions are generated from the Calculate Commissions process.

1.  I’m suggesting an enhanced process that would debit Sales Commission Expense into an expense account associated with the salesperson and a balancing credit to a Sales Commission Payable Liability account. 
  2. There are other Ideas in the Acumatica Community that request posting commissions into an Accounts Payable vendor and I support those ideas as well.  Credit A/P - Debit Commission Expense.
  3. Currently the reporting for Sales Commissions is inadequate.  The report of commissions by salesperson does not list the customer, invoices, or amounts that comprise those totals. 
  4. The Commission Details inquiry does not list the Salesperson responsible for the sale.  It is a challenge to get a GI that provides all the information a controller would need to make financial entries into the general ledger and get the salespersons paid.
  5. At least give us better reporting for an otherwise inadequate commission process.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mlupro87 

You may post this on ideas page https://community.acumatica.com/ideas

Our Product management team monitors that section.

Regards,

Userlevel 3

I did repost this on the Idea’s site.  Thanks for the note.

If there is a way to delete this post please do so. 

Mike

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved