The current Calculate Commissions process ONLY computes commissions for salespersons. No financial transactions are generated from the Calculate Commissions process.
- I’m suggesting an enhanced process that would debit Sales Commission Expense into an expense account associated with the salesperson and a balancing credit to a Sales Commission Payable Liability account.
- There are other Ideas in the Acumatica Community that request posting commissions into an Accounts Payable vendor and I support those ideas as well. Credit A/P - Debit Commission Expense.
- Currently the reporting for Sales Commissions is inadequate. The report of commissions by salesperson does not list the customer, invoices, or amounts that comprise those totals.
- The Commission Details inquiry does not list the Salesperson responsible for the sale. It is a challenge to get a GI that provides all the information a controller would need to make financial entries into the general ledger and get the salespersons paid.
- At least give us better reporting for an otherwise inadequate commission process.