Solved

Adding Payments Total to Invoice (DAC Extension?)

• 13 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Our company has an ongoing problem of customers paying twice for invoices that they pre-payed on because the invoice doesn’t show payments applied to that invoice. I have added a subreport to show an invoice’s payments. Now, I need a way to use the payment total on the main report, which I know can’t be passed from the subreport to the main report. I ask about this on StackOverflow before I knew this community existed and someone there suggested a DAC extension, which I’ve never done before. I’ve read through the 2019 R1 Customization guide and have a weak grasp on how DAC Extensions work. The problem is that all of the examples are shown for user entry fields and all of the examples I’ve found on StackOverflow are for user entry fields, too. I need a extension field that is calculated for the report and I haven’t found an example for that, yet. I’m waiting to get approval from the finance department to contact our third-party Acumatica support company, but in hope of getting it done as soon as possible, could someone here help me out? I’d really appreciate it. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by TimRodman 13 August 2021, 14:30

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Ya, that field only gets calculated in the screen the last I checked which is why someone suggested a DAC extension to calculate it outside of the screen for a report.

You should be able to accomplish the same thing though using a variable in your subreport, passing the totals back to the main report like this:

https://www.augforums.com/forums/acumatica-report-designer/passing-variables-from-sub-report-not-resetting-value-when-no-value-in-subreport/

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved