Skip to main content
Solved

Adding multiple AP subaccount in one bill.

• 29 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello!

We have the ability to distribute expense among different subaccounts in one single bill, but is there is a way we can post the same proportions into different AP subaccounts?

Currently, there is only one AP subaccount we can enter when creating a bill. 

Thank you 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello @apallawala21 

When creating an AP bill the user can manually add the sub-account-wise lines and the system will post the amount of those sub-accounts.

Otherwise, the user can use the GL allocation functionality.

Set up an allocation rule

Create a bill for the source account

Run Allocations

The system will allocate the source account amount to the destination accounts based on the percentage in the allocation rule

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @YasasWithanage76 

Yes, it is possible to enter multiple subaccounts on the detail level, but actually I’m referring to the credit leg subaccount which you see in the financial tab. 

Is there any way we can post the credit amount to different subaccounts, so the Accounts Payable is also getting drill down to different subaccounts same as the expense. 

Thank You!

Badge +18

Hello,

You are correct, an AP Bill with 3 expense subaccounts will not post the credit side of the transaction to three subaccounts without customization.

I recommend that you Do Not use GL Allocations to allocate your AP account to different subaccounts. Doing so could make a mess of AP Aged Period Sensitive Aging to GL monthly reconciliation.  GL Allocation changes the GL balances thout changing the underlying AP documents that still have the full credit amount posted to one AP subaccount. 

I recommend marking the AP Account as a Control account in Chart of Accounts, with “Allow Manual Entry” not selected → to keep the AP control account in balance with the Aging.

Laura