Solved

Access rights to view file attachments created in a company that has restriction rights

• 5 July 2021
  • 3 replies

I am experiencing challenges with Access right to company documentation.

We have a 3 step process

Step 1 - Receive supplier invoice for expense in Company A, Create AP Invoice

Step 2 - Create ARInvoice for the on charge to my sister company, create in Company A. ARInvoice is based on AP Invoice line details

Step 3 - Generate the APInvoice, use Generate Intercompany Documents [AP503500] Process, from the ARInvoice - APInvoice in Company B

My challenge and I hope you can assist, I need to view the PDF/file attachment for the expense received from the APInvoice that is Step 1  on Inter company Process.

The challenge is that the user in company B does not have access to the Company Access Role (company A) & hence cannot view the Supplier Invoice.

We are on Acumatica 20.208.0031. Row level security for Vendor Access is active

We do not want to give the user access to the Company Access Role.  How can the access rights be adapted to be able to view the Supplier invoice that was created in a different company?

icon

Best answer by RomanOvsyannikov88 2 August 2021, 12:09

View original

3 replies

Hello,

I afraid there is no another way setup access rights for user in company B to view documents in company A unless to give them Company Access Role. But if a user in company B needs to see the initial pdf file, the file can be attached to AR Invoice in company A. Then using the Generate Intercompany Documents (AP503500) form a new AP Bill will be created in company B and the bill will have the pdf attached. Hope it will help.

Thank you for the response.Will explore this option to attache the document to AR Invoice. Will be best if we can have a reference to the original document that is attached to the Vendor invoice that initiate this intercompanyprocess

Hallo

How do I import the attachment with an import scenario?  I want to import from the data on the AP Invoice to a AR Invoice

I can get the attachment file in an generic inquiry - On the APInvoice it is the NoteId

With the import scenario I have the option to update the Note Text field but do not find the option to update the Files

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved