Solved

How do stock items get depleted from SORs?

• 12 December 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

We are beginning to add stock items to service orders. These items are being marked for PO, and we are then generating a PO for the items.

When the items arrive, they are allocated to the service order. How do these items get depleted from inventory?

When I complete the SOR, these inventory items seem to get unallocated but they don’t actually deplete from inventory?

I must be missing something here?

icon

Best answer by Anacarina Calvo 20 December 2022, 15:56

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @jwarren 
Items are reduced from inventory after an invoice is created and released.

If you are billing from appointment, you must include the item on an appointment and then run billing. If you are billing from service order you should either use action of Allow Billing and the Run Billing or Complete/Close the service order and Run Billing 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jwarren 

On your item, what is the availability calculation rule that is tied to the item class? Is it deducting qty on just the service order prepare?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@jwarren 

How are your Billing Settings setup in Service Order Types? This ultimately controls the how, the when, and if, inventory transactions occur.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@jwarren

How are your Billing Settings setup in Service Order Types? This ultimately controls the how, the when, and if, inventory transactions occur.

Looks like I don’t have access to the Project Transactions in my Acumatica instance. It’s also not available on the Enable / Disable features.

Is that the only way to deplete inventory items from SORs?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @jwarren 
Items are reduced from inventory after an invoice is created and released.

If you are billing from appointment, you must include the item on an appointment and then run billing. If you are billing from service order you should either use action of Allow Billing and the Run Billing or Complete/Close the service order and Run Billing 

I’m unable to run billing on the appointment with the item as I receive the following error: “The line has not been processed because errors occurred in other appointments. See the Errors tab.”

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Every billing type except ‘None’ will deplete inventory.  Project Transactions being highlighted in my image was not meant to be an indication to you, sorry about the confusion.

Can you post an image of how your SrvOrd Type(s) is setup?

Regarding the error message you posted, let us know if you find the “Errors Tab” :). In lieu of the errors tab, check trace and look for lines that start with error.

Once you get the appt to bill, and release the subsequent document(s), your inventory will deplete as @Anacarina Calvo indicated.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Every billing type except ‘None’ will deplete inventory.  Project Transactions being highlighted in my image was not meant to be an indication to you, sorry about the confusion.

This is how we have the SOR type set up:

But running into error message above when trying to run billing on any appointment including an inventory item.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@jwarren regarding the error, ensure all Inventory Items have a Warehouse and Location specified. 
Because your setting is set to bill to SO invoices, after the invoice is created, the items will be reduced from inventory after you release the invoice

Userlevel 5
Badge

@jwarren regarding the error, ensure all Inventory Items have a Warehouse and Location specified. 
Because your setting is set to bill to SO invoices, after the invoice is created, the items will be reduced from inventory after you release the invoice

Surely, there is something wrong. I have warehouse & location specified. This is Appointment at line level.

Line details at SOR level.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Regarding the error message you posted, let us know if you find the “Errors Tab” :). In lieu of the errors tab, check trace and look for lines that start with error.

Once you get the appt to bill, and release the subsequent document(s), your inventory will deplete as @Anacarina Calvo indicated.

There is no error tab and Acumatica trace does not provide adequate details:

Error: The line has not been processed because errors occurred in other appointments. See the Errors tab.  Send
  Raised At: 12/20/2022 2:48:36 PM Screen: FS.30.02.00    
 Details:

12/20/2022 2:48:36 PM Error:
The line has not been processed because errors occurred in other appointments. See the Errors tab.

at PX.Objects.FS.CreateInvoiceBase`2.CreateInvoiceDocumentCheckResult(MethodParm parm)
   at PX.Objects.FS.ParallelProcessing.Step.OnStepMethodCompleted()
   at PX.Objects.FS.ParallelProcessing.StepGroup.RaiseOnStepMethodCompleted()
   at PX.Objects.FS.ParallelProcessing.Processor.OnLongOperationCompleted()
   at PX.Objects.FS.ParallelProcessing.JobExecutor`1.ExecuteJobs_MaximizeJobsInParallel()
   at PX.Objects.FS.ParallelProcessing.JobExecutor`1.ExecuteJobs(Nullable`1 branchID, String companyName, Object parentLongOperationKey)
   at PX.Objects.FS.CreateInvoiceBase`2.CreateInvoices(CreateInvoiceBase`2 processGraph, List`1 postLineRows, CreateInvoiceFilter filter, Object parentGUID, JobExecutor`1 jobExecutor, ActionFlow quickProcessFlow)
   at PX.Objects.FS.AppointmentEntry.<>c__DisplayClass121_1.b__0()
   at PX.Data.PXLongOperation.<>c__DisplayClass18_0.b__0()

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@jwarren Also verify there is stock of the inventory item on the Warehouse/Location 
If the error continues to show, I recommend creating a case so that support can investigate further. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved