Solved

Hiding Warehouses

Userlevel 4
Badge

Is there a way that we can make it to where our techs can’t see the default warehouse when they go to job cost parts from their trucks. We are running into the techs choosing the default warehouse instead of selecting there truck as the warehouse so our inventory is getting very messed up. We want them to still have access to the main warehouse we just don’t want them to see that as an option when they go to job cost.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 19 September 2023, 16:27

View original

12 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

In the employee profile, there is a place to set Default Warehouse by employee.  Maybe setting each tech’s profile to their own truck will help eliminate mistakes.

Laura

Badge +11

This sounds like a relatively simple customization, but if the techs actually have their own trucks, I would suggest going Laura’s way (above).

Userlevel 4
Badge

I added there truck as the default warehouse but it still doesn't default to that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @CAMORRISON 

Have you thought about using Restriction Groups for warehouses?

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(6))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=bf95691c-094e-4c67-9f28-afe24c7e1993

Visibility of Warehouses by User

By default, all employees who have access to forms of the inventory and order management modules can see all warehouses created in the system. By using the forms of the Row-Level Security module, you can configure the system so that each warehouse is displayed only to users who work with this warehouse. You can use restriction groups to set up the visibility of warehouses to employees. For details on restriction groups, see Restriction Groups in Acumatica ERP.

For example, suppose that your system has the Wholesale and Retail warehouses defined, and you need to configure the visibility of these warehouses to users as follows:

• User S is a supervisor who should configure and manage both warehouses.
  • User C1 is a clerk who enters documents for the Wholesale warehouse.
  • User C2 is a clerk who enters documents for the Retail warehouse.

To configure the visibility of warehouses according to this example, you do the following on the Warehouse Access (IN102000) form:

1. You create two restriction groups of type A (with direct restriction): Group 1 for the Wholesale warehouse, and Group 2 for the Retail warehouse.
  2. In Group 1, you include User S, User C1, and the Wholesale warehouse.
  3. In Group 2, you include User S, User C2, and the Retail warehouse.

The resulting visibility of warehouses will be the following:

• User S can see both the Wholesale and Retail warehouses.
  • User C1 can see only the Wholesale warehouse.
  • User C2 can see only the Retail warehouse.
Badge +11

I added there truck as the default warehouse but it still doesn't default to that.

I’m sure Laura is more qualified in this, but if the defaults are set and still not working, I think that means that there are probably other defaults overriding it. @Laura02, do you know if there is any other places where defaults come from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @CAMORRISON 

Are you describing when a Service Order has an inventory item attached to it?

The defaults for the item are coming from the item directly. The only option for that is to remove the default warehouses on the items. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kandybeatty49 If I were to make one warehouse not visible to someone does it make it to where they can’t see or do anything with that warehouse? So if it was used on a service order they wouldn't be able to complete the appointment because they don’t have visibility?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kandybeatty49 If I were to make one warehouse not visible to someone does it make it to where they can’t see or do anything with that warehouse? So if it was used on a service order they wouldn't be able to complete the appointment because they don’t have visibility?

Correct, if you did row level security, they would not be able to see that warehouse. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kandybeatty49 No we don’t have defaults set at the item level.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kandybeatty49 What is row level security? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kandybeatty49 So we have it set up that anything we don't stock goes to the service order and is purchased straight to the service order using the service warehouse. So I guess what we really need is for the techs to be able to see the service warehouse and not be able to search it for parts but they need access to their truck warehouse so when they use parts from their truck they can add them, themselves.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @CAMORRISON 

Row Level Security is where you can restrict users to certain data such as warehouses, customers, vendors.

Here is more on the help section:

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(7))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=749f774f-720d-4fcb-9c48-4df263bc1bd6

For Warehouse Security:

Warehouse Security

An organization can have multiple warehouses in Acumatica ERP, and different groups of employees may work with these warehouses in the system. To limit in the system the set of employees who work with a particular warehouse, you can create restriction groups to display the warehouse for only employees who are responsible for tasks that involve this warehouse. If the employees who work with the same warehouse perform only specific tasks (such as accepting goods and creating purchase orders), you can provide these employees with access to only the forms that they should use.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved