Skip to main content
Solved

Error on Releasing Invoice caused by Canceled Appointmen.

• 20 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I believe this is a new bug for 2023R2, as it never occurred until we upgraded. I am able to recreate this error on a new instance with u100 data.

I think this is limited to the field service, when billing by Service Order that has one (or more?) canceled appointments but still has a completed & closed appointment. The canceled appointment will have at least 1 inventory item on it, and the completed appointment will be a reschedule of the first appointment with the same inventory item. The service order will correctly show only 1 item to bill.

When you go to release the invoice, the one inventory item will show, but error on release with the following error.

Error: Updating 'Appointment Item Detail' record raised at least one error. Please review the errors. The specified quantity (1.00) along with the quantity in other appointments (1.00) is greater than the quantity in the associated service order line (1.00). The specified quantity (1.00) along with the quantity in other appointments (1.00) is greater than the quantity in the associated service order line (1.00).

The invoice still releases, but the issue created by the invoice is stuck in Balanced and will produce the same error if you try and release it.

If you try to go to the canceled appointment you are unable to modify it in any way. Unclose brings up the same error and has the error image next to the Estimated Quantity of the canceled inventory item.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @rmillerKimball!

This error has been reported by another customer before. We have identified this as a bug.

As a workaround you can change the status of the lines of the appointment to Canceled. Notice that on the Details tab, both have the status “Not Started” or “Not Performed”. If it’s not possible to change the status manually, you may need a script. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @vdiaz,

Thank you for your response! I’m glad that Acumatica is aware of the bug, as I have a case with my VAR open already would you recommend I close that?

To correcting the Issue, the only solution we came up with was deleting the Inventory Item off of the completed appointment as we were unable to perform any actions on the first appointment. This solution worked for us because we bill by Service Order and as long as the amounts there look right it works for us. I was very close to deleting the line detail in FSAppointment via SQL, but that always makes me nervous.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @vdiaz,

Thank you for your response! I’m glad that Acumatica is aware of the bug, as I have a case with my VAR open already would you recommend I close that?

To correcting the Issue, the only solution we came up with was deleting the Inventory Item off of the completed appointment as we were unable to perform any actions on the first appointment. This solution worked for us because we bill by Service Order and as long as the amounts there look right it works for us. I was very close to deleting the line detail in FSAppointment via SQL, but that always makes me nervous.

Ohh about closing the case with your VAR I cannot give advise on that matter. 

About the workaround, running a script just to change the status of the specific lines to Canceled is safe. We have done this before.  Or, can you reopen the canceled appointment and change the status of the lines there otr just delete them? And then on the second appointment you shouldn’t get the error anymore.