Solved

appointment gps coordinates

• 1 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi, 

For specific appointment type, we will need to point a gps coordinates more than a regular adress. The service tech will need to be able to click " show on map" on the mobile app. Is it doable? Do you have any advice?

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by brendan91 8 April 2023, 04:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

An simple and cheap way you could do it would be to link out to Google Maps using this link format

http://maps.google.com/maps?z=12&t=m&q=loc:38.897606+-77.036674

You would need two custom data entry fields, 1 for longitude (-77.036674) and 1 for latitude (38.897606). 

You would also need a 3rd field to create the clickable link. Your Acumatica reseller should be able to help you create this.

Userlevel 2

Hi there,

We did this for a customer and simply used the longitude and latitude coordinates in the Address Line1 and Line 2 of the appointment, like below: 

From the “View on Map” from app on the phone:

You would need to have a slight customization to the appointments screen to not require the country, otherwise the end user will have to remove “United States” prefix from the map autofill each time.  Your partner can help with the screen changes as well.  

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi the idea is amazing!

I tried it , the field "Country"continue to be mandatory after the publishing of my customization project even if I change the "Required" field to false.

Could someone help me?

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved