Solved

Using Templates as "canned responses"

• 23 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Is it possible to send an unprompted email, or reply to an email, using templates as "canned responses" in acumatica?

The only way we have found to insert a notification template is while responding to a lead submission. Everywhere else, it will only allow the insertion of "kb articles" into new emails. Is there a way to make templates available as a source when creating or replying to an email? The option only seems to work if the email activity screen is a popup.

Email Activity

Email Activity2

icon

Best answer by Ali Jani 23 September 2020, 21:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Can you explain how you got to the first screen shot you shared?

I went to a lead and clicked one of the activities, and clicked reply and I am able to select insert source from the action menu and it shows me template options.   Trying to replicate your steps on how you only get KB article.

Screen CO409000 > Create Email > Actions > Select Source ……….. KB article…
OR       CO409000 > (open Email item) > Reply > Actions > Select Source ……….. KB article

Userlevel 4
Badge

OR       CO409000 > (open Email item) > Reply > Actions > Select Source ……….. KB article

I see, if you go directly from the email activity screen CO409090, and create email, the email is not linked to any entity by default.  You need to go to Details tab and select the Related Entity first so it knows where to get data to merge into the templates.    Templates can have data fields and this is why an related entity is needed.  I guess if you have basic templates that don't have any data fields, we should probably show only those templates.  thanks for the feedback, but hopefully this workaround of selecting entity helps you.

I see, if you go directly from the email activity screen CO409090, and create email, the email is not linked to any entity by default.  You need to go to Details tab and select the Related Entity first so it knows where to get data to merge into the templates.    Templates can have data fields and this is why an related entity is needed.  I guess if you have basic templates that don't have any data fields, we should probably show only those templates.  thanks for the feedback, but hopefully this workaround of selecting entity helps you.

That is absolutely what we were looking for. As it turns out….. it is common sense. :)
TY

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved