Question

Serialized equipment used in a kit assembly not showing in equipment record

• 23 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Is there a way for the serialized equipment used in the assembly of a stock item kit to show with serial numbers on the equipment record?  

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jschuldt 

Equipment is not used in the creation of a kit in out of the box Acumatica. 

Can you explain more of how you are using it? Are you using it in Field Services or the general equipment in Acumatica?

@kandybeatty49 

There are a few item that we need to sell as one line item on the sales order that are serialized inventory items.  To accomplish this, we used the kit assembly approach.  However, when we do this, we lose visibility to the original serial numbers and only can see the kit as equipment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jschuldt 

What I think you are saying is that you want the visibility to see serial numbers on the kit components? Is that correct?

@kandybeatty49 

Yes, that is correct.  I am brand new to Acumatica and appreciate the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jschuldt 

First, Welcome to the Acumatica community! 

Second, where do you want to see those component serial numbers? On the Sales Order or in a Generic Inquiry?

@kandybeatty49 

End result I need to it to pull over to service as we will need visibility to verify the serial number of that particular item on the service order/ appointments during installation and subsequent service visits.  Which led to my second - is it only visible after the sales order is posted?  And once again, any help is appreciated..

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jschuldt were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

@Chris Hackett 

Chris - we were told we can drill down from the kit in a report to see the individual components but can’t necessarily have those individual components available for selection as target equipment once put into the kit. I can’t seem to find the report though that was referenced.  Thank you.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved