Solved

Restrict user to only be able to see one customer's records

• 15 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

We want to give some of our customers very restricted access to Acumatica.  Just a few screens, and we want them to only see their own customer ID’s records and reports.

However, the way restriction groups seem to work this will take a lot of maintenance.

I can create a group, assign the user, associate a customer ID, and they still have access to ALL customers unless all of the other customers belong to a different restriction group.

Is this correct?

I can’t just say “you can only see this customer ID and nothing else” without creating and maintaining other restriction groups?

I feel like I am missing something basic here in my understanding.

icon

Best answer by jbuddecke71 16 February 2023, 14:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

It is a lot of work to do it that way. Have you considered the self service portal instead? It is was created for this scenario and Acumatica is investing in improving it.

https://www.acumatica.com/cloud-erp-software/customer-management/customer-self-service-portal/

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello @ltussing03 

You are correct that with customer restriction groups, in order for them to work, there has to be a group that includes all customers.  Sometimes you may see this referred to as an admin group.  Once that is set up, then you can set up other groups to restrict users to specific customers.  Here is the help documentation on this if needed.

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=6e9a11d4-05d3-4e5f-87aa-67184cfc0878

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Jeb and Ed,

Thanks for the responses.  

Jeb,

I am having some difficulty finding detailed information on the service portal.  

Specifically on the question of security and how easy it is to limit the customer to see only their data.  But also more general information like how to establish the portal.  I understand there is required licensing and the feature needs to be enabled, but I am finding little beyond that.

Does anyone have links to resource information related to this?

THANKS!

Userlevel 4
Badge

I recommend going to help.acumatica.com, clicking on “Download PDF Guides” and download the two guides to get more information about configuration and use.

This video gives you a quick overview of functionality...

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks Jeb!!!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved