Solved

Restrict ability to modify another user's record

• 9 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have a customer who wants to restrict user’s ability to modify another user’s record.

For example, if one user creates a sales order, another user (who is also able to create sales orders), cannot modify someone else’s order.

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 9 March 2022, 21:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @donnadeskins55  

There is nothing out of the box Acumatica that would work for this. 

Access rights and User rights don’t seem to cover that.

It would most likely be a customization or a request to Acumatica to create that feature. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @kbeatty21 

That’s what I figured, but I thought it would be worth asking.

Thank you.

Badge +16

@donnadeskins55, I wonder if you can tweak the Sales Order Preview list, to add the @me condition (where owner of the sales order is me).  This concept can be seen in the Sales Demo:

Then change whatever Role is giving the Customer Service people access to the Sales Orders as follows: Use Access Rights by Role screen to drill into the Sales Order screen itself, and make the Sales Order field View Only.

Disclaimer: I have not tried this! It’s just an idea. Test it out in your Test tenant or demo to make sure workers can successfully add new sales orders and change their own before rolling out to live.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved