Solved

No Link in ARInvoice to SOInvoice or SO?

• 1 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m a little perplexed why there is no tab showing the related Sales Order and Shipments that were the origin of an ARInvoice.  Acumatica normally has links between related documents, and this one just perplexes my why you have to go search for an originating document manually to see the released Invoice’s history.  Am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by dcomerford 4 December 2023, 10:27

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @fosterjeff01 ,
If I am not wrong in understanding your concern, the invoices related to Sales Orders, Shipments, returns can be found in Invoices (SO303000). (screenshot below)
Whereas the Invoices & Memos (AR301000) form lists out all the types invoices.

Regards,
Harshita.​​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Agree with @Harshita you could add the Sales Order/Shipment number to the detail line here by a simple customisation package. The fields are there just need to ‘Create Controls to add them’

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @fosterjeff01 ,
If I am not wrong in understanding your concern, the invoices related to Sales Orders, Shipments, returns can be found in Invoices (SO303000). (screenshot below)
Whereas the Invoices & Memos (AR301000) form lists out all the types invoices.

Regards,
Harshita.

Yes, that’s entirely true, but not helpful as soon as the SO invoice is released to AR.  Then the released ARInvoice has no links back to the documents that originated it, making the user research the SO module to find them.  All other modules and documents seem to have links in their screens to their originating documents making them easy to find, except ARInvoice.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Agree with @Harshita you could add the Sales Order/Shipment number to the detail line here by a simple customisation package. The fields are there just need to ‘Create Controls to add them’

Thanks, yes it seems we’ll have to make a customization to do this.  It just seems like this should be out-of-the box functionality (which I’m going to suggest as an idea!) to be consistent with the rest of the document links on almost every other doc.  Thanks for the customization tip though!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Agree with @Harshita you could add the Sales Order/Shipment number to the detail line here by a simple customisation package. The fields are there just need to ‘Create Controls to add them’

Of course upon presenting the new fields to my AR group, they immediately complain they’re not links! Any tips on how to make these fields showing up in the Details lines linkable to the document they reference?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@fosterjeff01 No worries add this to the LinkCommand on the OrderNbr field And put ViewShipment for the Shipment Nbr field and republish

Userlevel 3
Badge

@fosterjeff01 No worries add this to the LinkCommand on the OrderNbr field And put ViewShipment for the Shipment Nbr field and republish

You’re a lifesaver!  THANKS!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved