Solved

does acumatica have the functionality to allow workgroups to enter/view time instead of delegates?

• 27 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

i know that delegates allow you to enter/view a timecard on behalf of another employee, however is there a way to set up a workgroup that would accomplish the same thing?  the goal is to easily add new employees to a workgroup vs. individually updating the employee record.

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 27 April 2023, 18:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If an employee is in Workgroup A above an employee in Workgroup B, then the employee in workgroup A would be able to enter and view time on behalf of the employee below them in the time card. 

But I had a similar request the other day from a customer as well, where they wanted an “HR/Payroll” group that would allow HR and Payroll staff to be able to review all time cards and process exceptions to meet deadlines and the only solution we came up without doing customizations was adding the key payroll folks as delegates for absolutely every employee.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@meganfriesen37 thats essentially what i was thinking too but wanted to see what others were doing.  sounds like were all on the same page (yay!)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved