Solved

Could not load file or assembly

• 6 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

I’m looking for a few pointers on how to resolve an issue caused by an upgrade of one of our live sites.  The upgrade was from 2022.1121.302.452 to 2022.2.205.103.4522 and occurred last week.  The symptoms are the same as outlined in the post below except that:

• Issue is ocuring on a Live site not a local install
  • Error message relates to Newtonsoft: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=13.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

The assembly being used in the customisation is Newtonsoft 13.0.3.  In the WebConfig file on the local instance which doesn’t throw this error there is:

The customisation on the local site works fine despite the version being outside 13.0.03 being outside the range.  I don’t know how or if you can change the web.config file on a live site.

Maybe this is something that only support can resolve?

Thanks in advance for any help,

John.

icon

Best answer by RohitRattan88 7 August 2023, 15:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

Further to the above I tried publishing the customisation using Newtonsoft version 12.0.1 (which was released in 2019), and the error messages went away.  Still would like to understand why version 13 suddenly stopped working after an upgrade though.

Thanks,

John.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@JWS539 

Please note that the error points to a compatibility issue.

Acumatica out-of-the-box already uses Newtonsoft.json dll. So you must update your project to use the same version(or compatible) version as their Acumatica instance.

To verify Acumatica dll version, create same built instance locally, and then right click on that dll file and do Properties

For example locally I have 2022R207:

Then update your project to use the same version(or compatible) of Newtonsoft dll

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi RohitRattan88,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved