Solved

Cases: changing the default template for the 'create email' action

• 21 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

When working in cases, is it possible to change the default email template connected to the ‘create email’ action? (image below).

Thanks!
Pete

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 21 February 2023, 17:06

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @peterj23 

You can change that under System Management> Email Templates.

The Screen ID is CR306015

However, you can choose a different template for each email when you choose create email:

Badge

Hi @kandybeatty49, thanks for the reply!

I should’ve mentioned in the original post, but I already checked and couldn’t find a template associated with CR306015:

At the moment we are doing exactly as you suggested (changing the template manually for each email), but I’m hoping to eliminate this step. We use a single template for most of our case emails 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @peterj23 

You could create one. Here is the one from the demo site:

Badge

Thanks so much for your @kandybeatty49, but unfortunately I couldn’t get it to work

I was able to create the new template, but I don’t know how to make it the default template for the ‘create’ email action.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @peterj23 

In the CRM module, I do not know of where you can make a default. The system wants to allow for templates so that various case templates can be used. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @peterj23 

In the CRM module, I do not know of where you can make a default. The system wants to allow for templates so that various case templates can be used. 

I believe this is the actual answer for the original question. There doesn’t seem to be a way to make a default email template for the Create Email action from Cases. Not the answer I was hoping for, but seems like the answer...

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @peterj23 

I believe this is the actual answer for the original question. There doesn’t seem to be a way to make a default email template for the Create Email action from Cases. Not the answer I was hoping for, but seems like the answer...

Do we know how to change the default email template for any processes?  I’d like to modify the ShipmentConfirmation….

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved