Skip to main content
Solved

Upgrade from 2022 R2 to 2024 R1

• 4 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi, everyone. I am new to Acumatica and planning to upgrade our company instance from 2022 R2 to 2024 R1. Can anyone please guide me on how to do this? What things do we need to test in the sandbox and what things need to changed in code or anywhere? Any video or document with complete testing and everything would be appreciated.

I am on apply updates Screen but Can’t see 2024 R1. Only 2022 versions are there. What should i do in this case?

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @tahayabali ,

As per Upgrade notes from 24.100.0139

Acumatica ERP 2024 R1 can be upgraded from the following particular versions:

• 2023 R2 Update 6 (23.206.0006) and earlier

• 2023 R1 Update 13 (23.113.0042) and earlier

• 2022 R2 Update 20 (22.220.0026) and earlier

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @tahayabali 

1. First check the release notes if you can upgrade from the current version to the destination version.
  2. Developed or Upgraded the customization to make it compatible with the desired version you are planning to upgrade.
  3. Once the development customization is ready, please submit an Acumatica case for a Provisional sandbox.
  4. Once the Provisional sandbox is deployed please plan the below steps
  5. Delete the Old Customization and Upload the New Customization.
  6. Apply Sandbox License( Request Acumatica and Apply in Activate License screen).
  7.  Disable the Processing centre and enable the Required test Processing centre.
  8.  Disable the System email account to trigger an email Manual or automation.
  9.  Enable- Suspend Email processing.
  10. Disable the Automation and Business events(Attached scripts)
  11.  Change the carriers to Test Mode
  12. Change the COLOR of the Tenant
  13. Disable any Third Party Live details Like Avalara, Big Commerce, and Shopify and configure as Needed.
  14. Reapply Acumatica license as Needed.
  15. Initate the testing with the user and fixes the bugs
  16. Once UAT Verification is completed, Please plan for the Production instance upgrade.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @tahayabali 2024 R1 offers great features.  Please know that your Acumatica partner is well trained in upgrade projects. Upgrading from 2022 R2 to 2024 R1 is considered a significant jump and you are not alone in the process. Consider engaging your partner for assistance. If you prefer to do this on your own @Manikanta Dhulipudi offers and excellent starting place. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Adding to the others, my general upgrade process includes researching the changes and going through a go-live checklist. This is high level but should be a good jumping off point.

I strongly recommend reading through the release for each major release you’re stepping through (i.e. 2023 R1, 2023 R2, and 2024 R1). It’s a lot to parse through, but very valuable and helps you identify where to expect issues (i.e. new workflows or changes to tables that break reports). I take notes on any changes of note and include them in my go-live checklist.

Most issues I’ve experienced in upgrades have been explicitly called out in the release notes and I was able to have a plan ready to address them as part of the post-upgrade cleanup. It’s also useful because you can see what new tools are available or planned for retirement. The release notes will also call out the upgrade path required. You may need to update to a more recent minor build or even major release when upgrading.

Each upgrade I go through a go-live implementation checklist in my test site. Same checklist from when we initially went live and were migrating over, but it gets updated with current processes, customizations, and any specific changes to investigate from the release notes. Each general process and document type is tested, and the results are saved as part of our audit process. Special attention is given to our customizations and third-party tools.

And as always - your VAR is the best resource for guiding you through this process. They will want to consult with you and understand your plan prior to upgrading to ensure you have a smooth experience.