Solved

Update of customer salesperson by state or zip range?

• 20 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Is there a way to update the salesperson assigned to a group of customers in bulk based on state and/or zip code? We pay commissions based on the salesperson assigned to a customer account and need to change a group of accounts to a new salesperson.

I set up a generic inquiry based on AR.CustSalesPeople pulling in the needed data from the location, customer and address tables. The inquiry returns the expected data and can be filtered for the needed records, however I’m not able to setup the “Enable Mass Record Update” operation successfully.

What “Entry Screen” should I be using or does this need to be done using an import scenario? (I tried AR.20.50.00, AR.20.50.PL and  AR.30.30.00.)

Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by alicezyks51 22 June 2022, 23:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Is there a way to update the salesperson assigned to a group of customers in bulk based on state and/or zip code? We pay commissions based on the salesperson assigned to a customer account and need to change a group of accounts to a new salesperson.

I set up a generic inquiry based on AR.CustSalesPeople pulling in the needed data from the location, customer and address tables. The inquiry returns the expected data and can be filtered for the needed records, however I’m not able to setup the “Enable Mass Record Update” operation successfully.

What “Entry Screen” should I be using or does this need to be done using an import scenario? (I tried AR.20.50.00, AR.20.50.PL and  AR.30.30.00.)

Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

You can setup a data provider that uses that Generic Inquiry as the source.  Once you do that, configure an import scenario to do the update.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I setup the data provider and the import scenario, but am running into an issue getting the new salesperson set as the default. The customers currently have a salesperson (our inside sales 037) with a zero commission percent as the default. The import scenario adds the new rep (221) with the correct commission percent but ignores the setting of default = TRUE. Here’s snips of the excel file and the salesperson tab in the customer.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Can you send an image of the import scenario profile line where you set the field = True?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Below is my import scenario based on the attached spreadsheet.

The default of True is in the spreadsheet. Please let me know if it needs to be set in the import scenario. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I would try adding it directly in the row of the mapping

=True

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I tried adding =True in the mapping and got the same result, so I sent this off to our VAR for assistance. The updated Import Scenario they created is below. The targets in the mapping changed from Salesperson Info / Customers to Customer Summary / Salespersons. (Note: The “IGSC” refers to our commissions customization and would not be part of the key fields names in other instances.) The import now works as expected.

Thanks for the suggestions which pointed me in the right direction.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution @alicezyks51 !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved