Solved

Restrict user actions in one warehouse

• 17 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I want to restrict some users from creating purchase order receipts in one warehouse, but be able to do it in a different warehouse. I still want them to be able to see inventory levels and other info about the restricted warehouse. 

Is there a way to do this? Restriction groups would restrict them completely. 

icon

Best answer by DavidEichner 17 January 2023, 23:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Jeff,

I think that you would need a customization to accomplish that.  You are correct that restriction group by warehouse would make that warehouse not visible at all to those users.

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

Sr Solutions Architect

Kensium

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Jeff96 

Along with what @DavidEichner said a customization, on the actual warehouses, you can turn off receipts allowed. I know you want for specific users but out of the box will not do that without restrictions as you suspect. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Jeff, 

It might be worth looking into the Specific Module feature of Row Level Security (Restriction Groups)

Depending on your use case, locking the warehouse for selection in a particular module might be a good solution.  

There is more information in this help article. 

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=9204a075-2d4b-4e34-8d47-6679f4c35155

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Short answer is you can not make this work without customization. Access to buttons controlled by AccessRigh screens and Access to records by RowLevelSecurity. They work independently like to layer not as matrix.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Short answer is you can not make this work without customization. Access to buttons controlled by AccessRigh screens and Access to records by RowLevelSecurity. They work independently like to layer not as matrix.

True, but I want to restrict it in one warehouse only… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I understand, then you will need to either yourself, an Acumatica partner or someone else write customization code. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved