Solved

Reason Codes: Need the Ability to Deactivate

• 25 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Once a reason code is used in a transaction; it becomes a permanent record.  Need the ability to deactivate reason codes; especially those used for special one time purpose.  

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 25 July 2023, 17:27

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @mhensleytn 

Once there is a record attached to a reason code, you can not delete it, even if it was only for one time usage. 

The only suggestion would be to change the name to DO NOT USE. You can not even delete the accounts associated with it. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the response.  I did change description to DO NOT USE.  I also changed the usage from Adjustment to Production.  That way it does not show in the reason code selection for inventory adjustments.  Acumatica should provide the capability to deactivate reason codes.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

Has anyone added this to the feature ideas for consideration in a new release?  This really seems like we should be at least abie to deactivate.  My Controller is going crazy with people using them even though they say DO NOT USE!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Has anyone added this to the feature ideas for consideration in a new release?  This really seems like we should be at least abie to deactivate.  My Controller is going crazy with people using them even though they say DO NOT USE!

HI @fosterjeff01 

Here is a similar one: https://community.acumatica.com/ideas/the-capability-to-modify-the-id-for-reason-code-at-ui-level-15573

You could comment on it that you would like the ability to deactivate them as well. 

Userlevel 3

A possible option would be to create a customization that adds an active checkbox to the reason codes DAC, then remove inactive reason codes as part of the selector lookup via with a conditional parameter. As it mostly is just a foreign reference key lookup to the reason codes table so if we change it at the reason codes DAC they should all be adjusted elsewhere as well.

Another option is just customizing the ReasonCodeID in the DAC editing the attributes for PXSelector and make it filterable, then you can set a filter during the lookup on the other screens and have it not display based on however you filter it. If you or no one else does the customization, I can probably help some time next week. 

Userlevel 3

Here ya go! Covers all DAC’s, but not graphs, so possible areas that are missed. I was unable to simply make the change in the reason code DAC and have it flow down to the child, so had to edit each DAC separately.

This should do what you need it to do though. Also, you’ll need mark the reason codes active since I did everything strictly from the DAC side. If you have other customizations, you may also run into errors. You’ll have to add what I did into your other customizations at that point depending on the code/DAC. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved