Skip to main content
Solved

Purchase Order Promised On Date

• 3 April 2024
  • 4 replies

When you create a PO, the Promised On date in the header transfers to any PO Lines that are added.

However, if you update the Promised On date in the header, the Promised date in the PO Lines alters to the Promised On date PLUS the Item Lead Time in the Vendors tab in the Stock Item (in the example below, 7 days).

Is this a setting we need to change, or a bug (as obviously the Promised On date is the date the Vendor is delivering their goods to us. It does not need a lead time adding to it)?

Thanks,

4 replies

Hello, it depends on situation. The Promised On date on the Summary area shows the date when the vendor promised that the items listed in the order will be received at their destination location.

This date calculates according to the Lead Time on the Vendor location, The Purchase Date will be set as Promised On date if the Lead time on Purchase settings tab of selected vendor is zero or will be calculated accordingly.

Promised Date on the Details tab means the date when the item’s delivery was promised by the Vendor.

The system will count the date according to the lead time on the Vendor location and on the Item. However, if you want to reset the Promised On date, the system will default on the Promised date for the item.

Userlevel 2

We found this confusing as well when starting out, but this is working as designed.

From our experience MRP is being driven by the line promised date, so thats the most critical date to monitor. That being the case, I am not sure why a header promised on is needed at all.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I think there should a another PO line date field.   Currently there are only 2 Line dates:

1. Requested date is the date we requested, 
  2. Promise Date is the most recent date that the Vendor will promise the goods.  This is date is used by the the rest of Acumatica, like Inventory allocations and MRP.   

So, good practice is to maintain the Line Promised Date when Vendor makes changes.  What gets lost is the original Promise Date after changing the Promise Date.  Client’s want to track Vendor performance against the Original Required Date vs the Vendor Acknowledged Date vs the Actual PO receipt date.  So I think there should be a Required Date field separated from the other PO line dates.  When a PO is created from either MRP or SO linked PO,  both dates should be populated at the same time.

A counter point is to use the Line Requested Date as the “required” date.  I would agree only if Acumatica MRP would make update this field during the creation of PO.   

I’m struggling with this as well. For a PO with multiple lines, we often have different “Promised” dates, that are specified per line.

The summary field for “Promised On” - is it referring to the promised delivery of the LAST item scheduled to arrive?

Additionally, when the system is looking to see if an order is late, is it evaluating based on individual line promise date, or the header date?