Solved

PO Link Button on Sales Order

• 28 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I was wondering if anyone has access to the business logic behind this button :-) as not all PO’s are displayed.

I’m guessing, but need confirmation - it’s only PO's that have not yet been receipted, and I’m also guessing that there is some date logic behind it?  Like the date of the PO cannot be earlier than the date of the SO maybe?

The help file on this does not explain these rules and it would be helpful for it to be added there too!

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 28 July 2022, 14:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @MarciaW 

Here is what the help documentation states:

Opens the Purchasing Details dialog box, which you use to link the sales order to an existing purchase order that has the required item listed.
This button is available for only lines that have the Mark for PO check box selected.

I found this diagram in the training documentation as well:

This shows the PO needs to be created AFTER the SO. 

Badge +16

Hi, I think, the dates on the SO/PO don’t matter much. Investigate whether any existing PO has the same items on it as your Sales Order, and whether the existing PO’s are already linked to other sales orders.  As a start.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved