Solved

Owner field in Purchase Orders screen is always empty

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

A client is having an issue where the Owner field in the Purchase Orders screen is always empty.

I found the existing question below about this issue, but the selected answer didn't work for me.

Is there a different way that this Owner field should be populated now? If so, what is the best way to added options for this field?

Let me know if I can provide any other information.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Purchase Order owner | Community (acumatica.com)

icon

Best answer by AndrewA 3 April 2024, 04:04

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Have you created employee record(s) for your user(s) and ensure you link the Employee record to the user record then you will see this field will auto populate with the employee and you can change it if needed.

Badge +18

I think the employee/user needs to be in the Internal User Role too.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Dermot and Laura,

Thank you both for your responses. The images below show how the Employee has been set up. I have added the Internal Employee role, but it still doesn't seem to show up in the Owner field.

I have also added them to the Company Tree, as shown below, and nothing appeared after this change either.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Have you linked the User record to the Employee record on the User screen.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Dermot,

Yes I have linked the user record to the employee record, as shown below. 

Do I need to enable any other settings for the user or employee record?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Badge +18

Hello,

Is the employee in the Internal User role?  I see you’ve added them to Internal Employee (which is a different role).

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Are your employees on the company tree?
https://help.acumatica.com/(W(7))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=32ee0de4-1261-415f-8803-bb9dbcdf7d14 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Laura and Megan,

Thanks for your responses. The user is now in the Internal User role but unfortunately still no luck.

Here is a snippet of the Company Tree configuration. As you can see, the employee has been added to the Manufacture part of the tree.

Is there something in here that needs to be set up differently?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@AndrewA Very strange check that the employee records are all in the same Workgroup?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Dermot,

Thanks for your response. Could you please clarify what you mean by having all employee records in the same Workgroup?

This is how the field is set up in the DAC. Is there anything in here that provides some insight into why nothing is being populated in the Owner field?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you all for your help, I have resolved this issue now. Turns there was an issue with roles like Employee, Internal Employee and Internal User. I also didn't need to make any changes to the Company Tree for this to work.

Below are the steps I took:

1. Create a new user, or you can use an existing one if you prefer.
  2. Create a new test employee or use an existing one if you prefer.
  3. In the Users screen, I opened up my test user record, assigned the test employee as a linked entity, and then cleared the User Type field. In the roles tab, I unticked any Internal User, Internal Employee and Employee roles.
  4. I then provided the Administrator role to this user as a test, but you can apply any roles that provide access to the Purchase Orders screen.
  5. Save your changes, log in as your test user, open a new Purchase Order, and you should see the Owner field filled in automatically with the associated employee.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @AndrewA!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved