Solved

Office 365 email server set up error - Authentication failed

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I was able to set up 7 email accounts successfully.. but have 4 more to do and this is the error i keep getting:

The mail send has failed.
535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful [BL0PR0102CA0020.prod.exchangelabs.com]

I use the same exact settings as the ones that did work but it still fails. HELP! 

I am so lost as to why this wont work. 

icon

Best answer by stacy16 6 July 2021, 16:25

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Now i have two email accounts that give me this error…

And the other two that are giving me this error

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

It’s difficult to say without knowing how you are authenticating(or the configuration you are using) but I would guess that the issue lies on outlook’s side of things and perhaps the credentials/method of authentication doesn’t provide access to all the accounts you are trying to send from. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Are you using the same account for authentication(an account with permission to send as all of the email addresses), or are you using different credentials for each account?

The connection settings look correct, I would recommend looking into the permissions of the credentials you are using on the email account that aren’t working.

It’s also worth double checking that SMTP authentication isn’t disabled on those accounts. Here is a Microsoft article on how to do that.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We are using different credentials for each account. 

It looks like its a MFA issue. I have someone looking into permissions in Microsoft now. I will keep you posted…

Thanks for the help!  

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

IT was an MFA issue.. Acumatica does not support MFA with basic authentication. 

It has been fixed though :)

Thanks for the help @markusray17 !

@stacy16 What was the fix? We use the O365 app password with Acumatica.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@shawnhutsko5  - We went and turned off MFA for the Acumatica IP address. I spoke with our IT company about using app passwords but he didn't seem to happy about using those. 

@stacy16 We turned MFA off for the main Acumatica email account but our employees wanted to send things as themselves too and I found the app password was the only way to keep MFA on with their normal email.

@shawnhutsko5  - did you have any issues getting app passwords to work for system emails?  Pretty sure I am missing something super basic on the Microsoft side of things - but for the life of me, can’t find what!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved