Solved

Mobile App shows wrong data when review list on all screens

• 15 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

We use the mobile app for a while. The problem is when review the list. The first column should be the inventory id or location id. But the screen is showing the description for the inventory id or location id. I have no idea how it happened. I checked the code in Mobile Application. It’s use the current field. Anyone knows this problem ? Thank you so much.

icon

Best answer by Brian Stevens 28 July 2021, 00:22

View original

6 replies

have the same thing occurring on a Generic Inquiry exposed to the mobile application.

inquiry has the inventory id showing up fine in the UI, but on mobile app….item description is showing instead?

going to open up a case, as I'm not sure if this is related to 2021R1 build or not?

thx

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@mdickson23    You can look for Case #193115.  I just have no idea why they use description.:rolling_eyes:.   I also submit an idea on the community. 

The answer is below:

At this time there is no functionality change this display to show the ID's
I would suggest you add this to the ideas page on the community.acumatica.com so that this can be voted on by other partners or customers and considered in future product enhancements
If you need an immediate solution you would need to consult with the service group for proposal for a customization.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

In the mobile app, it should be an easy fix.  This tends to be caused by the Description parameter being defined on the selector.  The mobile app assumes you want to see this value instead of the Code.  Just add selectorDisplayFormat as shown below.  This is what worked for me.  It overrides the selector settings and returns to displaying the value most of us expect to see.

add field "InventoryID" {
selectorDisplayFormat = Key
}

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@brianstevens  This is really help. Thank you. I will try it and get back for updates.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@brianstevens  You are awesome. It’s working. I didn’t use “add”. The system raised an error message. I use “update” to apply the code. It’s still working. Thank you so much. 

The simple code is below:

update screen PO302020 {
  update container "PutAway" {
    update field "InventoryID" {
      selectorDisplayFormat = Key
    }
    update field "Location"{
      selectorDisplayFormat = Key
    }
  }

In the mobile app, it should be an easy fix.  This tends to be caused by the Description parameter being defined on the selector.  The mobile app assumes you want to see this value instead of the Code.  Just add selectorDisplayFormat as shown below.  This is what worked for me.  It overrides the selector settings and returns to displaying the value most of us expect to see.

add field "InventoryID" {
selectorDisplayFormat = Key
}

Hello!

Were do you go to change this? I am trying to fix it on the mobile app but also on a Zebra handheld.

Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved