Solved

Limit Ship Via code visibility based on Sales Order vs. Purchase Order

• 21 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Our client is using an external shipping calculation for Sales.  Specifically EasyPost.  There are a number of Ship Via codes they will use for Sales.  At the same time they want to be able to use a different set of Ship Via codes on Purchase Orders.  Right now in both Sales Orders and Purchase Orders you see the same set of Ship Via Codes.  Is there any way to limit which are seen based on the document type?

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 21 October 2021, 19:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@MRoszkowski15 there is no configuration to do this out-of-the-box, however it’s simply simple to do via the customization layer.

My suggestion is to add two checkboxes in the Ship Via screen, “Visible in SOs” and “Visible in POs” and to then override the ShipVia field attributes in the respective screen to filter on that field by adding a Where<> clause to the selector attribute:

Do you have anyone in-house that is trained on the Acumatica platform and customization tools?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @MRoszkowski15 There is no direct way of restricting the Ship via Sales or Purchase or both like in terms screen.

Option 1: It could be customized with the below approach which will provide the desired results.

1. Adding a new Checkbox “Visibility”  dropdown Value PO or SO or Both.” in Shipvia Screen. This will configurable.
  2. Sales Order Screen Customization : Change the PXSelector code on the Ship Via lookup in the Sales Order by including  the new dropdown “Visibility” value (SO or Both) in the where Condition.
  3. Purchase Order Screen Customization : Change the PXSelector code on the Ship Via lookup in the Purchase Order by including  the new dropdown “Visibility” value (PO or Both) in the where Condition.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for the suggestion...and yes we have someone in house that can do this.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Gabriel Michaud  I just saw your approach after submitting the details. Thanks @Gabriel Michaud

Hi @MRoszkowski15 The customizations recommended above are same.

Here is the option 2 without any customization. But, the suitability of this workaround depends on the business use case.

Option 2 : Workaround without any customization. Please review and analyze if this fits for you.

Assumption: Setting default Ship VIa in the Customers Screen and Vendors Screen works.

Default the Ship Via in Sales Order based on the Customer Settings. 

- Set the defaults Ship via at the customers screen based on the suitable Shipvia for each customer

- If required, restrict the access to the Shipvia Selector in SO Screen

Default the Ship Via in Purchase Order based on the Vendor Settings. 

- Set the defaults Ship via at the Vendors screen  based on the suitable Shipvia for each Vendor.

- If required, restrict the access to the Shipvia Selector in PO Screen

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Gabriel Michaud 

I’m newer to the customization projects. I was able to add in the checkbox for Visibility like you suggested. Could you provide more screenshots for the WHERE clause in the PXSelector area? 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@bclark my apologies, I did not provide the customization code or write the necessary WHERE statement - I was just suggesting this as a starting point, a potential solution and highlighting the area the exact element that needs to be customized for this to work...

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved