Question

How to sum Tax ID total on report

• 20 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Good day

I want to sum my tax totals by Tax ID  from the DAC ARTax.

I have a scenario where I have to taxes on a sales order invoice  how best can I sum them on the report by the Tax ID as per the screenshot below

In my case for this invoice I have a tax total of 105.88, and on the invoice print out in the footer I want to split the two as per the above screenshot.

I have the formula =IIf([ARTax.TaxID]='SVUS',Sum([ARTax.CuryTaxAmt]),0) for the SVUS Tax ID and =IIf([ARTax.TaxID]='SUTAXUSD',Sum([ARTax.CuryTaxAmt]),0) FOR the SUTAXUSD ,Tax ID.

However on the invoice template the split is not coming out correctly what could I be missing?

The computation is not coming out as desired

which should be:

Sub Total:             542.90

Less Discount        32.64

Invoice Total         510.26

Tax Total                 76.54

Surtax Total            29.34

Total                      616.14

I added the ARTax table on my schema to my report design as shown below

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @kudzaim20,

one way is that you can use a sub-report to get tax records to display in the main report.

define desired fields (TaxID and TaxAmount). and put the sub-report into your main report.

here is the result.

then you can use your formula to get the sum and add to the total. 

hope this helps :)

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kudzaim20,

one way is that you can use a sub-report to get tax records to display in the main report.

define desired fields (TaxID and TaxAmount). and put the sub-report into your main report.

here is the result.

then you can use your formula to get the sum and add to the total. 

hope this helps :)

Thanks for the sub report option. However I will have issues aligning the sub report to an external tax recording software.

The other option is to use variables , but on summing up a variable I get the following error message

Variable $Vat defined
Error message on now trying to sum the variable $Vat in the footer of report

Is there a way to Sum a variable in Report Designer?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved