Solved

Freight on Shipping to pull from Sales Order

Userlevel 3
Badge

Does anyone know if the sales order freight price can be pulled into this screen (circled in red below).  I am going to make a customization to bring the dollar price from sales order over to this screen but i want to make sure i am not missing something in setup that will already fill it in.  Thank you  

icon

Best answer by Dana Moffat 11 May 2022, 15:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @alicia23 

It will populate if you have a Shipping Term on the Sales Order. In my example, I used the CFR Shipping Term on the Sales Order and it populated.

Userlevel 3
Badge

thanks for replying Kbeatty

That only populates from fixed Shipping Terms prices.  if you have shipping terms with “based on” sales order (or if terms is blank), and you select the override box on the Order.  It does not populate that field.  I wonder if this is a bug. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

thanks for replying Kbeatty

That only populates from fixed Shipping Terms prices.  if you have shipping terms with “based on” sales order (or if terms is blank), and you select the override box on the Order.  It does not populate that field.  I wonder if this is a bug. 

I did notice that as well. It only populates if it is a fixed price. It is probably built that way.  You can ask Acumatica. I tested it several ways as you did and it only works the one way. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes @alicia23  Even I have verified multiple ways it works as said by @kbeatty21 

I think you can go ahead with the customization :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @alicia23 ,

Thank you for your question.

We have recently made a change in the product to address this usability issue when the Invoice Freight Based on Setting is set to Sales Order. (targeted to 2022R2 Preview)    The Override Freight Price and Freight Price fields will no longer be displayed in the Shipments form since they are not applicable in this situation.

Invoice Freight Based On is setup in Shipping Terms.  When the Shipping Term’s preference is set to Sales Order, this means that the system will automatically copy the freight price from the related sales order to the invoice - this is the price that will be used for invoicing when charging the customer for the freight.  

-Dana

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved