Solved

Consolidated Shipments

• 5 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

I’m wondering if the below screenshot from help.acumatica is a practical joke.  I cannot figure this out for the life of me, and cannot find a single article on it anywhere online except for this one tiny section.  So is there a way to consolidate orders by the same customer with same address or not?  

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Ellie 16 March 2023, 21:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @nathankeating,

Yes, this IS current functionality! :)
As the article states, from the Process Orders screen, you can select multiple Sales Orders for the same Customer/Address, being shipped from the same Warehouse, and 1 shipment will be created for all orders selected.

Below is a screenshot of an example:

One Shipment is created:

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Hannah Barnes Is there a specific module needed, or a setting that needs to be turned on or off?  I’ve tried with multiple examples now and cannot get it to work.  

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @nathankeating  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@nathankeating There are 2 conditions for this to work. Can you confirm if these are met in your scenario?

1. The “Ship Separately”  flag on the the “Order Type” screen for the particular order type needs to be unchecked.
  2. The orders must share the same location ID. Acumatica uses the location ID to determine if the orders can be consolidated (it does not look at the actual text string)

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Ellie  Thank you for clarifying the location part for me.  That’s where I was getting hung up.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Ellie we’re finding different location ID’s but with the same address are getting consolidated, we use the locationID in an attempted to seperate the deliveries to a very large customer site. In your experience, should this generate different shipments if all the shipping address information is the same but the locationID is different?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Ellie we’re finding different location ID’s but with the same address are getting consolidated, we use the locationID in an attempted to seperate the deliveries to a very large customer site. In your experience, should this generate different shipments if all the shipping address information is the same but the locationID is different?

@matthewjames83 That is generally correct - if the location ID’s are separate, the shipments will not consolidate even if the actual address text string is the same.  

However I did some testing and found the exception which is likely at play in your scenario. If the “override” flag is not checked in the “Shipping” tab on the customer, and the “override” flag is not checked in the “General” tab on the customer location, then technically Acumatica is using the same address ID and thus will still be able to consolidate the shipments.

This scenario is not typical, but I see how it works for your purpose.

If you did want Acumatica to ship separately nonetheless, you can try the following settings:

1. Select “override” on the customer Location>General tab and input the same address manually for each location
  2.  Use a specific order type for these order, and select “ship separately” on Order Type>General
  3. Per order - Select “Ship separately” on Sales order>Shipping

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved