Solved

Business Accounts "Mass" removal of Duplicates/Fathom accounts

• 17 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Good afternoon,

i have a mess to clean up with integration that created multiple fathom business/customer accounts with the same name but a different account number.  They created when the integration went out of control.  Now, i need away to clean up and delete these  business accounts/ customer profile.  

Any suggestions?  Import Scenario?  I don’t want to manually have delete them.

Thank you

Evan

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 23 February 2022, 03:33

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @EvanG 

Create a GI with the particular table and conditions.  In the Entry point tab,  select the Entry screen and check the enable the Mass Record deletion check box. 

This will help you to delete the duplicate records

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @EvanG  How many records got effected? Are there any transactions created with the duplicate customers? If yes, we cannot delete the customers but we can just inactivate them

Assuming that there are no transactions created for the duplicated accounts and below are the option you can go with

• Create an Import Scenario, it would be very fast with parallel processing. (Highly recommended)
  • Create a GI with Enable Mass action deletion, but there is flaw here, you can not select all the records at once, you need to go to the page by page and select the records for the deletion.
  • You can also go with delete SQL script (before executing better check with Acumatica support)

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge

I appreciate your responses.

How do I enable the Mass Record Deletion button on the Generic inquiry screen?   I checked the Access to rights screen; I have administrator rights.

Thank you

Evan

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @EvanG  The below article explained this concept very well in the below article.

https://nexvue.com/acumatica-tips-tricks-how-to-enable-mass-delete-records/#:~:text=Go%20to%20Customization%20%3E%20Edit%20Generic,4.

hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Naveen B 

I created the attached GI, downloaded the date to Excel and then using the import scenario (see attached) to delete the entire records.  I have received an error the BA account, location, contact exist.  

I want the entire records gone.  I tried to manually delete these records.  The do make it hard to get rid of these records. I would hate to get a developer involved but it could be last resort.

Any advice would be helpful

Evan

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @EvanG  I have reviewed the import scenario and looks good to me.

You can delete the Customers only when they have NOT tied to any transaction. If any transaction/document is created with this customer then we can only Inactivate them.

Acumatica will not allow us to delete those customers manually as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @EvanG 

You may share the screenshot of the error you got while running the import scenario. 

• As indicated by @Naveen B, one can delete a Customer if it does not have any transactions generated. 
  • However, the Customer record wont be deleted permanently when one deletes it using an import scenario or by clicking on recycle bin icon on Customer entry screen. 
  • Internally, the record gets marked as ‘Deleted’ (IsDeletedDatabaseRecord column gets updated with a value 1).  

To permanently delete customer records if they are not linked to any transaction/documents, you may use the SQL option mentioned by Naveen. 

Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Naveen B @vkumar 

Thank you very much for your responses and assistance.  In the end, I just update the status on the Business Account and Customer Profile duplicates to “Inactive” and the hide them on the GI,  Simpler and worked.  I was able to delete the Business Accounts that were marked as Prospects.

Evan

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved