Solved

Bulk change customer profile FOP Point

• 28 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Needing to change all customer profiles FOB point to a certain ID. We were able to change the description but need to change or delete the ID. Any suggestions? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by yhartman 3 October 2022, 03:47

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @CodyK 

Have you tried an import scenario? Here is one I have created that you could use:

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@CodyK, i also suggest to do this with an import scenario. Prepare the data in your excel and update the data wihtin an import...

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

As an alternative to Import Scenario (which might be easier in this case), you can utilize mass updates on Generic Inquiries.

To do this, go to (in this case) Customer Locations GI (AR3030P1). Edit the GI. Under the Entry Point tab, select "Enable Mass Record Update." A new tab, "Mass Update Fields," will appear. Add "FOB Point" to the list. Now go to your GI, and under Actions, you will find "Update" or "Update All." The nice thing about this method is that you can update filtered data.

Remember the mass update will be available to any user with access to edit the specific form. So you might want to turn off the mass update to avoid user mistakes.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

As an alternative to Import Scenario (which might be easier in this case), you can utilize mass updates on Generic Inquiries.

To do this, go to (in this case) Customer Locations GI (AR3030P1). Edit the GI. Under the Entry Point tab, select "Enable Mass Record Update." A new tab, "Mass Update Fields," will appear. Add "FOB Point" to the list. Now go to your GI, and under Actions, you will find "Update" or "Update All." The nice thing about this method is that you can update filtered data.

Remember the mass update will be available to any user with access to edit the specific form. So you might want to turn off the mass update to avoid user mistakes.

I hope this helps!

Please review this article for Mass GI update

https://www.greytrix.com/blogs/acumatica/2022/08/02/acumatica-mass-update-with-generic-inquiry/

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I hope this helps!

https://www.greytrix.com/blogs/acumatica/2022/08/02/acumatica-mass-update-with-generic-inquiry/

I verified Mass Update of FOB and did not find that option in the Customer GI,

AS @kbeatty21 Mentioned using the below Import scenario to update the customer FOB.

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Needing to change all customer profiles FOB point to a certain ID. We were able to change the description but need to change or delete the ID. Any suggestions? Thanks!

This worked GREAT!! Simple and efficient. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I hope this helps!

AS @kbeatty21 Mentioned using the below Import scenario to update the customer FOB.

Thanks

HI @manikantad18  It was under the Customer locations GI, I was unable to find it at first also. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I hope this helps!

AS @kbeatty21 Mentioned using the below Import scenario to update the customer FOB.

Thanks

HI @manikantad18  It was under the Customer locations GI, I was unable to find it at first also. 

Thank you @kbeatty21 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved