Solved

Approval Map - PO Requisition Status

• 12 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Our Approval Map for PO Requisitions has been working well, until we wanted to wait until after bidding is complete.  

Desired process is:

• Requisition Created
  • Sent for Bidding
  • Bidding Complete, Price Finalized, and Vendor selected
  • Management Approval

So far we’ve been unable to delay triggering the approval to after bidding is complete.  We’ve tried several combinations of Steps and Rules, but it appears to want to go directly from On Hold to Pending Approval.

Is there a way to accomplish the flow outlined above?

Thanks very much

Andy

icon

Best answer by Irina 13 November 2020, 19:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It is possible to set the bidding before the approval using the Automation Steps functionality. I am not sure that it is possible to approve the document without negative consequences after that. To configure the system you have to rebuild all the steps and make sure they flow consistently in all the directions and scenarios which require a particular expertise level.

In general, you will need to:

• add extra Pending Bidding/Bidding Complete/Bidding Incomplete steps and set up proper conditions for them
  • adjust existing Open step based on the approved bidding
  • adjust existing Pending Approval step to trigger based on the completed bidding

For inspiration, check out the Step-by-step guide section of the following article:

This is just an example of how approval steps might be created and set up for an entity.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Irina - Thank you for the detailed response.  I will review the steps you describe.

Question: In other areas of the system, we’ve seen Automation Steps replaced by the new Workflow Automation engine.   Can we anticipate that happening with Requisitions?  And if it does, would my custom Automation Steps carry forward?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Irina - Thank you for the detailed response.  I will review the steps you describe.

Question: In other areas of the system, we’ve seen Automation Steps replaced by the new Workflow Automation engine.   Can we anticipate that happening with Requisitions?  And if it does, would my custom Automation Steps carry forward?

The result that you'd like to reach is a significant interference and we cannot guarantee this will work correctly or will not break throughout the upgrades.

Answering your question: customized Automation Steps could not be transferred to the new Workflow Engine during the upgrade. You will need to re-create the same steps in the Workflow. An example could be found here:

Acumatica is planning to introduce a new engine for the Requisitions form in Version 2021 R1. Please note that the target version is preliminary and may change.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved