Skip to main content
Question

User defined fields in Reports

• 22 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi All,

I am planning to create a report using user-defined fields in the report parameters. My idea is that the user can select the desired fields from the report parameters and then click on "Run Report." The report will then be generated with only those selected fields and values, without including any other tables.

Is this possible, or do we need to have predefined fields on the screens?

Thank you.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can have any built-in or UDF in the report or parameter. When you added new fields to your DACs, you will need to open the report requiring modification and Rebuild the Schema so UDFs become available.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks. Can you guide me in this please . I am trying to get or print customer information on report that is selected in parameter but it’s showing me attach error. I am attaching screen shots of my report.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It is not the parameter causing the issue. I see you have Bracket before =IIF. Remove it. Also you are missing the false part of the IIF function. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

thanks this is my query 
“”=IIf( [BranchBAccount.AcctName]<>null.[BranchBAccount.AcctName]+'{br}', ' ')+IIf([BranchBAccount.DefAddressID_Address_displayName]<>null.[BranchBAccount.DefAddressID_description]+'{br}', ' ')+IIf( [BranchBAccount.DefAddressID_description]<>null.[BranchBAccount.DefAddressID_description]+'{br}', ' ')””

I am trying to print that branch which is passed in parameter by user before running report. Can you guide me how can I make that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sorry, but I don’t see any parameter in your formula. They all are fields from BranchBAccount DAC

You may want to read through the Report Designer user guide.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @tahayabali were you able to find a solution? Thank you!