Solved

Unpublish All removes customization includes folder from Pages folder

• 27 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have a customization that requires a sub-folder which has includes files in it and the sub-folder is in the Pages folder of the web site.  It is Pages\AK.

Ok. No problems there.

HOWEVER, if I select UNPUBLISH ALL from the Customization Projects, Acumatica deletes that Pages\AK folder completely.  Which causes a the customization to fail if you try to PUBLISH (all) from the Customization Projects screen.  I then have to re-copy that entire sub-folder back over, (and remember to do so), before selecting PUBLISH.

The question is this : Is there a way to tell Acumatica to NOT delete customization folders in the Pages sub-folder when you UNPUBLISH ALL?

icon

Best answer by jeffgrammer69 14 November 2023, 17:12

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Add your files in that sub folder to your customization package, and Acumatica will create the folder and copy the files when you publish your package.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Add your files in that sub folder to your customization package, and Acumatica will create the folder and copy the files when you publish your package.

That kind of what is confusing me.  I THOUGHT I had done that.  See screen shot.  Do I have this all in the wrong spot?
Ok, could this be caused by ANOTHER customization that is being loaded after this one writes to that same Pages\AK sub-folder and as a result it deletes everything in this customization first?

Userlevel 4
Badge

That kind of what is confusing me.  I THOUGHT I had done that.  See screen shot.  Do I have this all in the wrong spot?
Ok, could this be caused by ANOTHER customization that is being loaded after this one writes to that same Pages\AK sub-folder and as a result it deletes everything in this customization first?
NOTE : I did confirm that there IS another customization that is published after this one which does also write files to that Pages\AK folder.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@jeffgrammer69 I also did a quick test. It looks like the customization project that copies the files to the subfolder needs to be the last one, otherwise the files will be removed.Can you change the priority of your project to make it the last one?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@jeffgrammer69I also did a quick test. It looks like the customization project that copies the files to the subfolder needs to be the last one, otherwise the files will be removed.Can you change the priority of your project to make it the last one?

that is what is even more confusing.  It is the last one.  (see below)
I even deselected all of the customizations that have a higher priority, and it still will not publish UNLESS I physically go out and copy the files to that Pages\AK\includes folder.
I should note that the other packages only load in aspx and aspx.cs files.  This one customization only requires a subfolder of “Pages\AK\Includes”.  I suppose the real question for me is why does “Unpublish All” delete everything out of that “Pages\AK” folder, but yet it keeps the folder structure? it is only deleting the files in the folders, but not the folders itself.

Still, if the customization needs those files, why are they not being copied back into there if they are in the customization?

Here is a screen shot of the actual customizations screen with the error (the name alignment is a little off because I had to edit out company name.  One other note, the customization called SupportServices actually does have a dependency on Billing being loaded before it.)

Userlevel 4
Badge

I found a workaround, but this problem, IMHO, is a bug in Acumatica.
The workaround I found was to create a different and new customization package which recopies the files for the includes folder.  Then publish ONLY this one customization package BEFORE you select “PUBLISH” to publish all of the customization packages.  It is not elegant in the least.  However, it is a process workaround to a bug with Acumatica publishing.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your workaround with the community @jeffgrammer69!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved