Solved

Removing Custom Fields

• 4 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

We are looking to switch some of our custom fields to be unbound. I have switched the custom fields in our Sales Order extension DAC with no problems. However, following these same steps with our Shipment extension DAC, I have run into some issues. I made the changes to the fields in the DAC, but now the fields are completely missing from the Screen page in the Project Editor.

Adding the fields back in through the Project Editor UI will give a “duplicate field” error, or it will add the field and not recognize that it exists in the customization code.

Has anyone run into this before? I have included the code changes below if that helps.

The code was changed from;

[PXDBString(20)]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Sample")]
public virtual string UsrSample { get; set; }
public abstract class usrSample : IBqlField { }

To;

[PXString(20)]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Sample", Enabled = false)]
[PXDBScalar(typeof(Search<test.message, Where<test.docNbr, Equal<SOOrder.orderNbr>,
And<test.docSubType, Equal<SOOrder.orderType>>>>))]
public virtual string UsrSample { get; set; }
public abstract class usrSample : Data.BQL.BqlString.Field<usrSample> { }

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Hughes Beausejour 6 February 2022, 23:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @noahmiller02 As a workaround, try adding new naming for the new Unbounded fields instead of using the same names that you have used before.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Reboot the server hosting Acumatica website. This will ensure a few reset occurs. Check if the old/duplicate field is still lingering. If it is, there’s a very high chance you have declared a duplicate field in runtime customization and or compiled library, You should thorouhgly search for it in that case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

HI, @noahmiller02  At the beginning of Acumatica development training, I also faced similar kinds of issues. Below are are you can check.

• Runtime folder
  • If DLL is present, check the source code
  • you can use Ctrl + Shift + F ==> and search with that field name i.e. UsrSample

Hope this helps!!

Hi All,

Thank you for getting back to me so soon. I appreciate your responses. I found remnants of the old fields in the .aspx page files. I removed those references and restarted the website server and that did the trick! Thank you again.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved